Want to learn Final Cut Pro X but can't get to or haven't got the time to attend an authorised training centre? The author of the official FCPX training book, Diana Weynand is now offering a live certified course online. We've also got a coupon code for 30% discount and a free place to give away!
The start of the month and Tangent FX has released a set of generators and transitions for Final Cut Pro X called Hot Spots 01. They've also got 30% off everything for the rest of the week with a coupon code. (May 2nd to 3rd)
A slightly cryptic headline for this new episode of MacBreak Studio, but indeed, our duo of Steve and Mark make a DVDless DVD. See how they perform this FCPX magic trick after the break!
Although there is video stabilisation built into FCPX, the $99 Motionbend application has a lot more going on under the hood. With a new XML export into FCPX feature just added, we thought we would take a closer look at "motion editing" with Motionbend.
With not much news on a quiet Monday, we thought that it was a good opportunity to take a look at the best free Final Cut Pro X tutorials that have been published this month.
The deluge of new plugins post NAB continues. New releases include a utility plugin for getting the timing right when editing to a script and a couple of new free plugins from Andy Mees.
Hot off the uploads is the first third party test we have seen of the new Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera. The footage was edited in Final Cut Pro X and graded in Resolve. The video and more details shamelessly scraped off Vimeo after the break.
When Mike Fernandes from NBC got in touch to tell us that Emmy winning NBC show George to the Rescue gets cut on FCPX, we had to know more. Mike very kindly lets us in on his workflow and equipment setup for the show. Even we were picking up tips!
It's back to basics again in this episode of MacBreak Studio. Mark and Steve take a look at using behaviors to animate an object instead of keyframes.
It's certainly new plugin Monday here on FCP.co and we have to thank Andy Mees for releasing three free plugins to download. They all work on FCP7 & FCPX, Motion, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Two new products from two Final Cut Pro X plugin developers. Get custom graphics layered over footage with XOverlays and bring those GVG wipe patterns back with Shape Pop.
In the last of our videos recorded at NAB 2013, we take a look at the Monarch HD video streaming and recording unit from Matrox. It won a lot of awards at the show, so what is it all about?
Blackmagic Design were filming on two cinema cameras at the Press Conference on the Monday of NAB 2013. They have just sent us the official video of the event. Grant Petty explains Ultra HD, 6G SDI and of course he takes us through the new products and product updates. A good 24 minute watch with a lot of good background info.
- Motu display the HDX-SDI with Thunderbolt at NAB 2013
- NewBlueFX plugins for Final Cut Pro X at NAB 2013
- The $59 Ripple Timelines FCPX transitions plugin help videos navigate through time
- Edit a growing clip in Final Cut Pro X and stay in record with MovieRecorder from Softron
- Back to basics on MacBreak Studio with Mark, Replace and Slip in Final Cut Pro X
- Technicolor demonstrate Color Assist running on Final Cut Pro X at NAB 2013
- At NAB 2013 Roger Bolton demos SliceX from Coremelt on Final Cut Pro X
- Jim Tierney demos Beauty Box Video from Digital Anarchy on Final Cut Pro X
- A tour of the new products from AJA Video Systems at NAB2013
- Blackmagic Design announce two new cameras, Resolve 10 and how they all work with Final Cut Pro X