Is it possible to create these Kind of Arrows in Apple Motion using write on Behavior?
As you can se the width becomes thinner when they curve. Be good to know how since I have a project that is due tomorrow... I might need to jump to after effects.
hmm, well … your example demoes bezier curves in 3D space (=which creates this thick/thin look) - indeed, that is not supported in Motion, you can not bend the control points/all are on one, same 'layer' of curves In Motion …
you could mimic that with some particle emitter as 'writing pen'etc etc etc … no fun.
room for improvement! (as you can not keyframe individual control points in Motion)
make an Enhancement request!
(Wishlist for MotionX gets longer and longer…LOL )
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Create Animated Arrows in Apple Motion
16 Aug 2017 12:24 #89925
Bezier points can not be manipulated in 3D space, only X and Y axis as far as I know. The effect described can be somehow faked to look 3D in Motion but the results are not the same plus there are some problems with the arrow head.
- create a Bezier line in the desired twisted shape
- create a triangle shape as the arrow head
- on the Bezier line shape go to Style and disable Fill
- on the Bezier line add the Write On behavior
- on the Bezier line shape go to Style > Shape Style > Traditional select Oil Heavy style and increase the Outline Width
- on the Bezier line shape go to Stroke > Width Over Stroke, create custom points on the green line and adjust
- on the triangle shape apply Motion Path behavior
- on the triangle shape set the Motion Path to Geometry and drag the Bezier curved line into the Shape Source
- on the triangle shape add the Snap Alignment to Motion behavior
- make Motion Path and the Write On behavior the same length.
This will be a fake effect, not real 3D and probably will be some artifacts with the arrow head.