Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Making cooking videos interesting... at least trying to.

Making cooking videos interesting... at least trying to. 25 Apr 2012 21:49 #7628

Okay so I recorded a butchering session with 3 cameras and my iPhone. The lighting isn't exactly what I wanted but I did get to experiment with some more of the FCPx features as well as simply getting used to some precise editing.

This is a Youtube cooking channel I have had as a hobby for a couple years, but am now looking to try and make it a regular thingy.

The insertion titles were simply done on Keynote pages and then I imported each individual page as a .png using Skitch. I reverted to this because my Title/Inspection feature is not working at all on FCPx (crashes every time, but another issue).

I used music and sound effects from Freesound.org. Let me know what you think about the 1-) Value of the message, and 2-) entertainment value as Youtube video.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Making cooking videos interesting... at least trying to. 25 Apr 2012 23:17 #7633

• cleash
  • Junior Boarder
It was good but I would like to see the behind the scenes in making something as such.

Re: Making cooking videos interesting... at least trying to. 25 Apr 2012 23:24 #7635

There is nothing special in technique here. Most users in this forum can see right through it.

1-) Use Multicam to switch views between cameras.

2-) Edit out non-essential visual content.

3-) Speed up tracks by 2x or 4x depending.

4-) Create text frames in keynote.

5-) Mash it together and put a back beat to it.

Re: Making cooking videos interesting... at least trying to. 26 Apr 2012 01:41 #7637

• cgbier
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
I think it is nicely done, very creative.

You also show that the process of cutting steaks is mostly the same as editing video: Cut the fats!

Re: Making cooking videos interesting... at least trying to. 26 Apr 2012 02:29 #7641

cgbier wrote:
mostly the same as editing video: Cut the fats!

Wow. Never thought of it that way and it is certainly what my old videos suffered from... too much fat! This will be my new motto. TYVM!