Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GoPro Hero 3 Black

GoPro Hero 3 Black 17 Oct 2012 03:42 #15199

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 790
4k for $400?
http://gopro.com/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: GoPro Hero 3 Black 17 Oct 2012 08:56 #15211

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
What a thrill ride that video was! Exhilarating. Superb job they did.

At that price, it's got to be the best camera deal going...

nice share, thanks Ben

GoPro Hero 3 Black 26 Oct 2012 03:09 #15853

• toQDuj
  • Fresh Boarder
Quite a kick-ass little camera. Makes me want to pick up windsurfing again (if only I lived closer to suitable bodies of water and did not have an infant requiring 100% spare time). A couple of things are striking, though:
  1. 1) Can it really use all the pixels effectively given the optics in place? Squeezing more pixels into a camera like this might only make the lens distortions (in particular chromatic aberration) clearer. Especially since there is no focusing in it: perhaps a little over the top.
  2. 2) 400 dollars for what is supposed to be an "expendable" camera is pushing it a bit
  3. 3) A new battery model means prior acquisitions of extra batteries are (once again) a bit of a waste[\li]
  4. 4) A good thing the wifi option is now integrated, no more hassle with charging 3 batteries to get that thing working. Unfortunately, it may also be an extra drain on the battery.[\li]
  5. 5) The dynamic range in the resulting footage blows my mind. Well done![\li]

Other opinions?
Last Edit: 26 Oct 2012 03:13 by toQDuj. Reason: accidental pressing of "return".

GoPro Hero 3 Black 28 Oct 2012 15:26 #16012

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85
That's a great little camera for sure. It will cost you double the $400 though, by the time you add your accessories (at least the way I built the package). Still pretty cool.
Creating history....one edit at a time !