Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FCP X, the ignorance continues...

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 31 Dec 2012 16:19 #19540

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1279
I now have an issue with Fresh DV. One of my local FCP users group members (now a strict FCP X user group) texted me about a week ago. Seems I made a blog post about the state of FCP X at the end of 2012. The first paragraph is the only one skirting mixing my personal "experience" with "fact". But I walked the line. The rest I stuck strictly to facts. Seems some very well known names in the industry got on the Fresh DV twitter feed and started bashing me over it. I saw only a screen shot of some of the feed. They were calling me fan boy, saying I was claiming that its all FCP X or nothing, claiming I was hating on PPro and Avid.

Well, I began contacting a good many of the folks I know in the industry and asking them to read the blog post and see if they agreed with these statements. Probably half don't use FCP X either, and probably won't for awhile, or ever. Every single one of the 15 people I contacted stated they thought the twitter feed was way off base and the claims had nothing to do with what I in deed wrote.

So, my conclusion was that these "famous" guys only read like two sentences, jumped to conclusions, and never read the rest of the article. Probably the same way they looked at the FCP X interface, quit the app without learning it, and have flamed it ever since, or so it seems by these recent cowardly actions. I never once mention any other NLE. Just what is great, and desperately lacking, in FCP X. I even talk about how the databases are super unstable and that has got to be fixed right away. Does that sound like a PPro hating fan boy?

Most importantly, not a single one of them has contacted me to confront, or inquire in any manner about the accuracy of my blog post. They just started flaming me behind my back. That, IMHO, shows the lowest form of cowardly and unprofessional behavior I've ever witnessed. Yes, I am calling those guys out here publicly.

Like the old Rush song, "Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand."

Yes, thanks to the guys who stared and run this forum. A place were we can support each other, educate each other, and yes bicker with each other (my favorite part), without getting into egocentric flame wars that spiral out of control. Challenging someone is not the same as flaming them. Comparing opinions and experiences is not the same as name calling.

Finally I've posted the link to the freebies category of this forum all over the place when folks on other forums start talking about FCP X plugins. I also show this forum to students in all of my classes, my user group meetings, etc. Peter may think I post too many URL's here. But I post URL's pointing back to this site many, many more times over in other forums.

Happy New Year from Hollywood South, y'all! 3rd largest film market in the USA for quite a few years now. 2013 is gonna rock!

And please, if you must drink (or "whatever"), don't drive. Being chauffeured is really a lot more fun anyway. After all, you guys and gals are rock stars, right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 01 Jan 2013 00:00 #19559

• pollux
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Happy new year to you too Ben. Really enjoy reading your posts :)

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 01 Jan 2013 00:15 #19560

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
Uh oh... seriously? You enjoy reading them? Damn! I must be slipping. Freakin' holiday cheer is making me lose my sadistic edge. ggggrrr... :P

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 01 Jan 2013 00:28 #19561

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 75
Where can we subscribe to this blog?
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 01 Jan 2013 01:43 #19565

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
FCPro X University dot com

I'm not a prolific blog writer. Mostly short little tutorials, tid bits of info, and the occasional editorial piece. Not a big deal, just personal ramblings about stuff and junk.

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 01 Jan 2013 02:11 #19567

• wdevn
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Ben, many of your comments help me further understand a few things about FCPX. Haters will be haters. We FCPX editors must keep moving ahead of the curve.
LLAP,
James
Taipei, Taiwan

FCP X, the ignorance continues... 01 Jan 2013 02:15 #19569

• BenB
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you wdevn. Yes, as a group we will move forward, to where the puck "will" be, not where it is now.

Thank you all, especially the FCP dev team.
Happy new year.
Peace.

I have enough fireworks to take out an aircraft carrier. Excuse me while I go light up the sky here in the swamps. Man, I love to blow crap up!

NewYearsTranscode.png
Last Edit: 01 Jan 2013 02:18 by BenB.