Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!!

Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!! 01 Feb 2014 22:24 #40353

• rhummer92
  • Fresh Boarder
ok so bare with me here, i am fairly new to Final cut pro and film editing,
ive got final cut pro x 10.0.9/ and compressor 4.1.
ive made a movie with a ton of clips, maybe 7- 100, its only 13..min long.
everytime i try to export my movie i get an error, ive tried different options through the share feature, H.264, master file, video podcasting ect. along with the send to compressor feature, but it only processes for a few minutes and turns up error -60 / -50.
also seen a dialog box that said something like error with clip 13434 (-60) or something like that,
ive seen youtube videos that showed how corrupt clips cause problem and how to resolve it , but i wonder if there is any other way i can try to export, or copy my project to another application like i movie or something and see if that will work but i dont know
i cant figure it out and am desperate for some help
i have been searching for an answer and for help for about 3 days now and cannot figure it out
any help would be greatly appreciated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!! 01 Feb 2014 22:35 #40356

• Darren Roark
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
I would select everything in your event and then "create optimized media" and see if that helps. There are many non professional file formats that can wreak havoc. You can also try "Project Repair" by digital rebellion as they have a two week free trial. That app has saved me many times.

Also, you should back up your copy of 10.0.9 by making a zip file of the app. FCP X has two updates since that version that may have fixes to your problem.

If you update your projects and events to 10.1.1 make sure you don't select move 10.0.9 projects to the trash. You will be able to open 10.0.9 and your non updated versions if you need to.

Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!! 02 Feb 2014 02:35 #40370

• Russ Haskell
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Another possibility is App Nap interfering with the processing.

In Applications, right click on Final Cut Pro>Get Info and check Prevent App Nap.

Russ

Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!! 02 Feb 2014 05:59 #40374

• Darren Roark
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
Just remembered a couple things...

Trash your render files. They could have some problems in there.

The other thing is trash your preferences. Digital Rebellion's free preference manager can do that for you.

(BTW, I do not work for them, I just realized I have given them two plugs already in this thread)

Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!! 03 Feb 2014 01:35 #40416

• rhummer92
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks guys, so i updated Final Cut to 10.1.1 , and i turned off app nap.

unfortunately as soon as i started finalizing my project i noticed 2 different clips that would not play in preview, so i thought to myself this has got to be the corrupt files, but between replacing those and minor editing i somehow erased all my work, cant figure out how to get it back, all that was left was the event files. (i tinkered with it for a while and seriously couldnt get it back) so i deleted Final cut from my computer completely except for the backup file of my project.
(ive been juggling disk space)

so i tried app nap, i already have digital rebellions software and have tried it in many different instances. but nothing seemed to work.

since i have updated i didnt get the chance to try and export agin so i dont know if that wil solve my probelm but i will let you guys know.

i was wondering, can i load my project files i saved in a different studio? like imovie or something else? would it load so i could try and export there?

as far as im concerned i lost my project. :unsure: but i will let you know what happens.

Final Cut Pro X & Compressor 4.1 - Export issues. Help!! 03 Feb 2014 02:19 #40418

• Russ Haskell
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Try the most recent backup.

Russ