Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 09:49 #75889

• DeadBled
  • Fresh Boarder
Im so confused. Opened up FCPX and everything looks cropped or zoomed in. Even in the library clips themselves. I can't tell if I accidentally tried to use a keyboard shortcut and zoomed into everything or cropped everything but it has me on the verge of tears. All of my projects and the clips in them are cropped/zoomed into. I just can't figure it out. Anyone ever had this happen to them?

heres some screenshots to see if you see anything obvious

imgur.com/XhfT41O

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 18:37 #75926

• MarkNelsonMovies
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Select an affected clip make see what the spatial conform property is set to, and also check the transform and crop settings.

Is is possible that you accidentally selected all the clips in the library (Command A) and then changed a setting?

you should also try deleting the preferences to make sure that the viewer zoom isn't messed up.

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 20:16 #75936

• DeadBled
  • Fresh Boarder
My project is 1080 and my clips are all 1080.

When I set the window to "Fit" or any percentage, the clip is cropped even at 12.5%

See here
imgur.com/JAUoIt5

When I go to import, even the clips in the import window are cropped, or zoomed in....

See here
imgur.com/o3mbvH5

How to delete the preferences to make sure the viewer isn't messed up? And I don't think its just the viewer ... This is so confusing and frustrating. I needed to have this piece finished by today.

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 20:33 #75938

• DeadBled
  • Fresh Boarder
Now Im having a heart attack.

I just looked at the footage on my SD card and it seems even the footage on the SD card, directly from my FS700, all the footage is cropped.

This is makes zero sense. And it seems all of my footage may be ruined. It literally was working fine and then one time when I opened the program, it all looks like this. Could something have happened when ejecting the card reader?

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 20:47 #75939

• MarkNelsonMovies
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help you, but I'll try anyway.

first, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'cropped or zoomed in', because your screenshot's look normal to me. Do you mean the length of the thumbnails? you can change that with these sliders.

JAUoIt5eidit.jpg

if you mean the scale of the clip, maybe check these settings?

ScreenShot2016-04-23at4.38.12PM.png

there's not much else I can think of to help, do the files play correctly on the camera and/or in quicktime or VLC?

Instructions for deleting the preferences can be found here support.apple.com/en-us/HT203477

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 20:59 #75941

• davechap
  • Gold Boarder
  • I'm like a 900 page Harry Potter novel.
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey DeadBled,

Can you play a clip (maybe the hand on the guitar) in Quicktime outside of FCPX? Post a screen shot of that if it's not cropping.

Did you shoot the material? If you didn't perhaps whoever shot it did close up shots and you wanted wide shots? The shots do look normal to me also, but again I'm not sure what you see them as outside of FCPX.

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 23 Apr 2016 21:04 #75942

• davechap
  • Gold Boarder
In the Viewer, where you set to FIT, right next to it is a View dropdown. See if you are playing Optimized Media or Proxy? I don't see how this would do anything to the framing...

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 25 Apr 2016 14:25 #76026

• davechap
  • Gold Boarder
I'm assuming at this point we have figured out that the footage was shot this way? I'm not sure if the fs700 can window the sensor. I know some cameras can. My only thought is that it windowed the sensor but displayed the full frame? Just looking at the shots I'd assume whoever shot the material intended for close ups.

Still just curious to know which of these is correct :)

All of my clips look zoomed in/cropped even in my library 22 Oct 2019 12:48 #102187

• ksmith.pi
  • Fresh Boarder
I had this same issue. If you have used the clip stabilizer function it can cause your video to zoom in. If you look at the thumbnails in the timeline versus the clip in the viewer ans you will scrub and the have different scales the stabilization is likely the problem. Hope this helps.