Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Events Disappearing!!

Events Disappearing!! 08 Sep 2017 12:34 #90376

• anickt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
I have been using FCPX since it came out and never saw this. I create an event in an existing library, create a new project and edit the whole thing. Nothing new, nothing different, nothing has changed. Next morning I open the library and the event and project I created don't exist anywhere. Not in a backup, not in the library hiding, nothing nowhere! The event is gone! Have never seen this. I will have to rebuild a few projects and have lost a day's work it looks like, Fortunately I had exported approval copies of the projects so I have those for reference. I am going to wipe my system and reinstall everything which I hope fixes the issue.

My question is, has anyone ever seen anything like this and found any cause for it? Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Events Disappearing!! 08 Sep 2017 12:48 #90377

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 630
I’ve heard of this happening on external local drives that aren’t macOS formatted.

Events Disappearing!! 08 Sep 2017 12:59 #90378

• anickt
  • Platinum Boarder
I am using Mac formatted Promise and OWC RAIDS. That is not the issue. I just found something that may indicate it has to do with Carbon Copy Cloner but I can't be sure. It was recently updated. Unfortunately I have to leave the office for the day and can't follow up right now. I have notified Bombich of a potential issue.

Events Disappearing!! 08 Sep 2017 20:48 #90397

• anickt
  • Platinum Boarder
OK - so this was most likely user error in the heat of the moment. Nothing to see here... :blush:

Events Disappearing!! 16 Oct 2017 19:32 #91145

• bob.score
  • Fresh Boarder
I have just recently had this happen to me. Has happened 3 times in the past month. What's interesting is that the Event vanishes, but the project and assets end up in a different event. If you click on the Library so it opens all events and projects, scroll through and you'll likely find the orphaned project as well as assets.

I'm not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. But it does seem to only happen if the monitor goes to sleep and I wake it up. And then the event vanishes.