Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ?

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 00:16 #90440

does anyone know if its possible in FCPX to do a soccer player recognition and get the plays of that player, ie whenever say number 10 gets the ball its 'auto tagged' and favouriteized, i suppose the question is leading to the ability to analyse the game looking at all positions and looking for good passes, turnovers, goals etc, etc ... I know a few people do this like www.hudl.com/en_gb/sports/football ... but wondered if they used software like FCP or Premiere and wrote some kind of script.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 05:02 #90442

graham.bayley wrote:
does anyone know if its possible in FCPX to do a soccer player recognition and get the plays of that player, ie whenever say number 10 gets the ball its 'auto tagged' and favouriteized, ….

THAT would be nice! … but a feature of the future, for several reasons:
actually, there's 'just' face-recognition … but that doesn't work with the typical 'from under the roof', miles away shot in use for football-reports …

Some coaches of my son use a to Hudl similar tool, Fubalytics - nowhere mentioning, it does NOT do all that marvel automatically! … it was me, the silly soccer-dad, attaching the coaches phone to my cameras and tagging all the stuff … while the game. (not easy to pan a camera AND typing… ;)

So, you record the game and constantly tap 'action', and from a list you select and tag what kind of action (foul, corner kick, penalty, etc etc). Then, game + tags are uploaded to the service and based upon your tags they offer you the 'analytical' = lists part...

But …
At this years WWDC, there was a presentation about a new 'framework', on OS-level (!), combined with Machine Learning, which offers what I call 'smart tracking' = the computer doesn't track pixels but 'content' … So, maybe, maybe, maybe, in the not too far future we see such content-aware trackers … <dream-mode OFF>

Until then, I have to skim and put my nose at the screen "it that Alex or Ali, I can't see??" LOL

… speaking of 'tracking', latest in Germany, is www.soccerwatch.tv/ … a fully automatic 'transmission' of a game, incl. ball-tracking …

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 10:45 #90449

Thanks Karsten !

My daughters coach uses my-tpa.com/ it just uses my final 'full match' file and then works out all the information you mention, I'm not sure if it misses much (probably does) but Coach seems to be quite happy with it, but no tapping and pan/zoom ;) needed by me !!!!!!!!

Ive no idea how they do it, and hence was wondering if its custom code our say FCPX, I think your answer draws the conclusion that its custom code.

just a cheeky question for you, are your FX (soccer upper / lower thirds, etc) available at all :). I'd love to be able to learn from your work :P well as they say if you don't ask hahahaha

I use your offside line and then decided to implement my own 'club logo' pitch watermark with the inspiration ... So thank you !

Cheers

Graham

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 13:56 #90451

graham.bayley wrote:
… just uses my final 'full match' file and then works out all the information you mention, … but no tapping and pan/zoom ;) needed by me !!!!!!!!

Ive no idea how they do it, …

uhm, well… I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised when such services are based on 'many busy hands' in Banglador… I can not imagine, with my humble knowledge, the very diff. material each customer uploads every week, allows an 'machine only driven' analysis…  but, I Iike to be corrected!
graham.bayley wrote:

just a cheeky question for you, are your FX (soccer upper / lower thirds, etc) available at all :). I'd love to be able to learn from your work :P well as they say if you don't ask hahahaha

Nothing cheeky to ask for!
I'm considering for quiet a while to offer a commercial 'package', incl. the score-bug (incl. automatic match-time), a team-template and a scorer-lower third. But… 

That asks for lots of hours of construction - my stuff is highly individualised for MY needs - little use for you to have access to a pic of my son via a drop-down menu in the Inspector LOL!
And, for customising those templates, it demands a many pages Manual - e.g. for that 'player menu', you have to record and prep the source file in a very specific way…

…  but, what I can offer: send me a mail , Karsten dot Schluter at gmail dot com, and in return you get my score-bug - which is inspired by actual Premiere League, …
Just 'inspired', the other soccer-Dad on this board, Tobias, is crazy enough to rebuild the original Bundesliga screen-design, incl. animations, in Motion! Awesome!

Needs some massive 'tuning' of yours in Motion, I'd add illustrated advice...

Would be ok?

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 15:50 #90455

• Schnurr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
An other soccer dad in the forum. Welcome Graham ! ;-)

@Karsten I did not yet finish my new Bundesliga motion elements for the 2017/2017 season as I am stucked with a 3D printer great piece of toy
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2017 15:51 by Schnurr.

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 22:40 #90456

• tom.riding
  • Fresh Boarder
Automatic tracking and tagging of football matches is available but very expensive via Prozone etc. I used to tag manually using Longomatch etc. Now i get others to tag my matches i film (InstatScout), If i have to tag i use VideObserver or LongoMatch (FREE)

I have only been on a MacBookPro for a couple of months and started getting to grips by talking to Karsten and Tobias, Karsten gave me a few basic ideas and his scorebug and i bought a template from Tobias, since then i have played about in motion to get some ideas and can create very basic generators and effects in Motion for FCPX.

I will play about with motion and FCPX more when our season ends. I also looked at XEffects X6 sports graphics it looks great but you can only list 10 players,, this makes it useless for me and anyone else who wants graphics for football, rugby, cricket etc , a couple of months ago their support said they would modify it so you could use 11 players but they haven't modified it so i have given up on them.

When i have time i think its possible to create all of the graphics i need for soccer matches but i will look at what Karsten and Tobias produce if they do a package and sell it. The gameclock is a dealbreaker as its the one thing that is very hard to do in FCPX.

My first post but i am a lurker and read often on these forums.

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 11 Sep 2017 23:03 #90457

@Karsten: Why Thank you ! I'm more looking to learn from techniques and re-applying them to the Alamein FC (Australia, NPLW Team) needs. Anything you can offer to help me lean would be graciously received

@Tobias: I also have a 3D printer Prusa 3DMkII ... lots of fun ! Thanks for any help / advice you can offer a noob, I think ive seen one of your video, was it the video of the little ones ? If so how do you get suck a smooth camera action and those FX are awesome!

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 12 Sep 2017 04:52 #90461

• Schnurr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Graham, yes next generation of German soccer stars that will beat Engla....in 2029 ;-)

Smooth well depends on two things a) Smooth movement of your hand/arm and b) more important using a gimbal. For the midfield I am just taking a Feiyu G4 Pro (but broken right now) and a iPhone 7 and then 2-3 GoPros behind the goals. I was attaching as well one within the goal but lately they kick to strong so I need to check for a cheap 1080p cam.
Let's see whether the flowmotion.co gimbal will be better. But of course easier for me that the kids play on a smaller field compared to Karsten's son & team.

Thanks to Karstens great support and advice (other fcp members too) is then cut via FCPX multicam function. All animations that you can see in youtube are done with Motion 5 But that required for my basic M5 knowledge a couple of weeks/months and a bunch of support from fcp.co members too...
Reg. printing just use a small Fabrikator Mini II but love the small size

Reg. Auto Tagging well this requires other Apps but for my needs keywords are still fine but of course for a match analysis and higher profession FCPX would be the wrong one if this is your unique purpose.
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2017 04:57 by Schnurr.

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 12 Sep 2017 07:45 #90467

@ Graham:
check your email… sent you a lengthy and hopefully not too confusing mail, plus two plugins

@ Tom:
… The gameclock is a dealbreaker as its the one thing that is very hard to do in FCPX.

uhm, well… a bit tricky, my plugin works with MultiCam only, but when you get custom to workflow…

matchtime.jpg

(5min into match, 48secs in report…Timestamp automatically generated)

… haven't found a smart method to translate 1h:05m into 65th minute - Motion doesn't support 'metric time' nor does it offer Boolean (If >60 then …) functions, nor does it translate TC to a NumbersGen (had a lengthy discussion with Motion-god fox_mahoney) ...

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 30 Sep 2017 14:29 #90884

• tom.riding
  • Fresh Boarder
Karsten, Gameclock automation if finally here with no messing about masking etc.

PROSPORTS by Pixel Film Studios have released a new sports package and in that is the game clock included and you can use 60 70 80 90 minutes etc rather than 1:00 1:10 1:20 1:30 etc. FINALLY an esy to use game clock for Football.

I've bought it and been testing and it works flawlessly. I don't really like their graphics as its a bit boring but the trade off by using the game clock and being able to modify their graphics made it a must buy for me. They have clocks and graphics and bugs for most sports too but i will only use Football (Soccer).

What do you think of it Karsten? Can you reverse engineer or work out how they did it? It will bring limitless possibilities for any packages you design.

Here is their plugin in action go to just before 3 mins for the game clock.

vimeo.com/234177213

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 02 Oct 2017 03:42 #90913

tom.riding wrote:
… Pixel Film Studios have released a new sports package and in that is the game clock included and you can use 60 70 80 90 minutes etc rather than 1:00 1:10 1:20 1:30 etc. FINALLY an esy to use game clock for Football.

…What do you think of it Karsten?…

uhm, well…
a) pixelfilmstudios has a real bad reputation, they once sold other peoples © material (ok, years ago…)
b) customer care seems to be not their first priority, lots of complains on many boards…
c) … can not find that product on their website, not 'manually' in their 'sports' category, not with the search button (getting only a "Error establishing a database connection") , will try later, or you give me a direct link
d) the Vimeo link demoes a countdown timer, no 'match. timer'
e) I have to calculate manually values? ok, 12/60 is no rocket science but …
f) I guess, when using the official pluginSDK (software developing kit) from Apple, all the options and 'beauty' of programming are optional .... had a look at it, several times = too much for my tiny brain, missing the basics
g) reverse engineering other peoples products, who are living from selling it? … hmm, one foot in the dark zone, …

As demoed above, a Match Timer is possible with available tools on FCPX/M5 … but a non-metric counter, indeed, interesting how THAT is accomplished…

sooo, actually no verdict from the German jury yet. What does it cost, anyhow?

Soccer (or Player) play recognition - Is it possible ? 02 Oct 2017 23:01 #90927

• tom.riding
  • Fresh Boarder
You can count down or count up, i've tested it since buying it and can have 0-90 mins plus additional time for stoppages after 45 mins and 90 mins.

Heres the direct link store.pixelfilmstudios.com/product/prosports/ It cost me $29.99 and i am happy with that as for the first time i can easily put a game clock on screen without messing about. Just by drag and drop and expanding to the length of the clip then setting the minutes and seconds.
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2017 23:04 by tom.riding. Reason: Added price for Karsten