Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FCPX 10.3.4 - Crashing on macOS High Sierra Beta 9??

FCPX 10.3.4 - Crashing on macOS High Sierra Beta 9?? 13 Sep 2017 00:09 #90479

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone using macOS High Sierra Beta is having issues with FCPX since updating to beta 9? FCPX just crashes for me when I select the library tab. Before you all start to tell me that "its a beta, there will be bugs!" I am well aware or this and am simply curios as to whether this is a known issue or a isolated occurrence. That way I can rule out the OS as the cause.

Thanks in advance! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FCPX 10.3.4 - Crashing on macOS High Sierra Beta 9?? 13 Sep 2017 06:12 #90480

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 630
Did you trash preferences?

FCPX 10.3.4 - Crashing on macOS High Sierra Beta 9?? 13 Sep 2017 09:00 #90483

• Sugarhill
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been using fcpx 10.3.4 on beta 8 & 9 quite successfully.

Having said that, I think this has been down to the fact that I've been doing the majority of work with little or no plugins (finally thought I'd give the colour board a try).

The final version of High Sierra is out in a few weeks and I'm sure we'll see an update to FCPX shortly thereafter (maybe even before :).
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2017 09:01 by Sugarhill.

FCPX 10.3.4 - Crashing on macOS High Sierra Beta 9?? 13 Sep 2017 11:37 #90486

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 184
First release FCPX wouldn't even launch on HS developer beta. Now it does and runs fine. Many third party add-ons still won't work, some do (like Chromatic). Until public release, there's no assurances anything will work correctly that hasn't been fully tweaked for HS.

Yes, we'll see updates to all Apple pro apps and productivity apps very shortly after the HS release. It is actually timing out well to the annual Creative Summit major upgrade to FCPX we've seen the past couple of years.