fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ***How to edit Final Cut X Libraries over a server or cloud- HELP!***

***How to edit Final Cut X Libraries over a server or cloud- HELP!*** 15 Sep 2017 22:07 #90577

• mike.dotto
  • mike.dotto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi!

A little background to my situation. I work for a basketball company that scouts players from High-school all the way to the NBA. We film games constantly in Canada in each province, so the amount of footage we have to collect is ridiculous. Nevertheless, its part of the job.

My issue is transporting Final Cut Libraries from one editor to another. These Libraries are massive, ranging between 25GBs to 250GBs. But within these libraries holds all the footage, key words and project files. Uploading them VIA the internet is just takes too long. Its the process of Uploading them ...THEN... downloading them.

Is there any way possible to upload the footage ONLY ONCE and allow other editors to work off of a server or cloud to access these libraries? Where changes are made in real time and nothing ever needs to be download.

If anyone has some sort of solution that would be amazing!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

***How to edit Final Cut X Libraries over a server or cloud- HELP!*** 17 Sep 2017 15:20 #90604

• Betancourt
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/news/1999-colla...l-cut-library-opener
As long as you have your Media and Cache set outside the library I guess this could be the best solution.

Pablo
Pablo Betancourt

***How to edit Final Cut X Libraries over a server or cloud- HELP!*** 09 Oct 2017 16:56 #91047

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
What about the article from Felipe Baez here...FCPX and the cloud..

• Page: