Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.4 Release

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 15:00 #91288

• smg669
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
It's interesting that it's the Thursday before the FCPX Creative Summit and there hasn't been an update in forever and there's no thread on here about it. No charts analyzing the frequency of previous updates and the days of the week of feature updates vs. maintenance updates and the cycles of the moon related to updates. Last year there was a massive thread that went on for months. Is that more of a comment on the state of this forum or on the interest level in FCPX in general?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 15:30 #91289

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 649
Last year was the longest delay between major releases from NAB of one year to fall of the following I believe.

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 16:40 #91290

• MsJustine
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
I hope that Apple are not waiting for users to switch to High Sierra before an update, it has been quite a while, just hoping for a few small updates...

For me the thing I am looking for is a combination of an idea posted here by Felipe Baez, his using the cloud article, what I am hoping for is a sliding scale of compression of proxy, and what is set as "optimized" media.

Being able to zoom into a clip in the browser when in listview mode, instead of switching to stringout view...After all, there is a zoom in one mode, and if you try and zoom in when it list view mode, the app makes a sound, so there is code...Apple can you please copy/paste the zoom from stringout view to listview???

The naming bug, when you create a duplicate, it copies all the text and adds extra data [time and date copied multiple times...no-wrong]...

What do users feel about merging Compressor into FCPX???

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 17:10 #91291

• click
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
sorry but is the fcpx version 10.4 released today ??
we still can not see thanks

:(

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 17:11 #91292

• MsJustine
  • Platinum Boarder
Nothing has shown on the app store...just keep editing...

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 17:13 #91293

• Axel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
If you ever tried CommandPost (f.k.a. "FCP Hacks"), you got ideas what is theoretically possible, already doable and what would be really groundbreaking. Thankfully, you can *quit* Commandpost - and do not have to de-install it when it prevents other useful things (as of now, it keeps you from using system keyboard shortcuts for FCP).

I don't care at all about VR, which is highly probable.

I'd like to mix roles in normal timeline (without the need to compound the whole project). Will that come? Possible.

Since there will be direct HEVC export - I think we can take this for granted, cause iMovie allows this with HS - it'd be interesting to see if Apple pushes HDR for the masses, as iPhone X and the 4k Apple TV indicate. Will we get an easy and foolproof HDR/WCG sharing option for Youtube? To be honest, I don't know much about this yet, but I find myself fancying a new TV set, particularly since my family decided to paint the wall behind the current one in matte-black. There is a dynamic range between dark grey and light grey, and that can't be the answer! :sick:

10.4 Release 26 Oct 2017 17:23 #91294

• click
  • Expert Boarder
thank you

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 01:25 #91298

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
I just hope that the next iteration of FCPX doesn't REQUIRE High Sierra. I'm gonna keep my current computer on Low Sierra since there is so much that I need to still work. Like the ability to author Blu-rays. I'm toying with getting a secondary drive to boot from that contains Low/Sober Sierra and upgrade the main drive to High Sierra, but dual booting is kind of a pain. We'll see.
Last Edit: 27 Oct 2017 01:27 by Redifer.

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 06:23 #91299

• MsJustine
  • Platinum Boarder
I suspect you might not get you wish...Apple did this before, I think it was from 10.1 to 10.2, you had to upgrade the OS to take advantage of the benefits of the OS..

Not feeling the love Apple....the digital creatives are getting restless....

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 08:35 #91300

smg669 wrote:
… Is that more of a comment on the state of this forum or on the interest level in FCPX in general?

I'd say, it has sunk to everyones mind, that these 'prediction cabala' is fun, but waste of time.

And e.g. VisionFramework, which w/could be the foundation of tracked masks and other new bling bling . is part of HighSierra. So, just add 1+1 …

Creative Summit has launched today - looking forward for exiting news from Cupertino.

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 11:20 #91307

• TonyBSyr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Is someone saying you can't burn blu-rays with High Sierra? Am running HS and just tried to burn a blu-ry with Toast Titanium 15 and it work. Notice they have a newer version 16, but not sure why I need it.

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 11:22 #91308

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 243
Cabala Prediction: Demo of a few 10.4 new features, announcement of release date (may or may not be specific), that's it.

Dilemma; Not sure why Apple posted that all pro apps are Stoned Sierra compatible, when there are serious bugs in them with HS.

Advice: Stay sober, stay safe, stay stable, edit, pay bills.

Good Day, ladies and gentlemen.
Last Edit: 27 Oct 2017 11:26 by FCPX.guru.

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 13:41 #91310

• Axel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
In 9 hours, from now on, we will know. That's when the official Apple presentation starts. On Sunday, there is going to be a lecture on audio mixing with FCP X ("and only FCP X!"). Last year most contributors knew about 10.3 in advance and showed the new features. They must have all signed NDAs.

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 16:29 #91312

• Sugarhill
  • Fresh Boarder
Let's hope they don't do one of those NDA things. Kinda getting bored of the elitist approach by Apple these days!

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 19:40 #91316

• cdw1960
  • Junior Boarder
Sugarhill wrote:
Let's hope they don't do one of those NDA things. Kinda getting bored of the elitist approach by Apple these days!

I've been using Apple gear/software for nearly 30 years and they've always - thankfully - been 'elitist'. Long may it continue :woohoo:

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 21:32 #91318

• Sugarhill
  • Fresh Boarder
My first mac was the LC, and currently in need of more power with no current offering at the mo. The issue with Apple currently being elitist is that it becoming very clear that it’s all smoke and mirrors.

10.4 Release 27 Oct 2017 23:29 #91319

• thefcpguy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Check out Twitter. FCPX 10.4 was announced. New built in color tools (wheels, curves). Not sure what else yet.

10.4 Release 28 Oct 2017 04:19 #91322

thefcpguy wrote:
Check out Twitter. ….

check out front-page ;)
www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/news/2011-final...d-360-tools-built-in

10.4 Release 28 Oct 2017 06:41 #91323

• cdw1960
  • Junior Boarder
Glad I didn't stay up to see this one! Perhaps Motion has got some 'love' from Apple this time round... :whistle:

10.4 Release 28 Oct 2017 06:57 #91324

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Since there is 360 clone tool in FCPX we BETTER see sone clone and paint tools in Motion like from After Effects!
What sucks just spend $300 on ColorFinale, could have been another FCPX licenses.