Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FINAL CUT PRO transform to FCPX

FINAL CUT PRO transform to FCPX 15 Nov 2017 05:11 #91700

Hi all i am from chennai, india, past 8 years i am using FINAL CUT PRO software only, i have own IMAC SLIM model, i am very new to FCPX, so its very confusing to do my project in FCPX, SO anyone help me find out "Learn FCPX", Step by step, i am very strong in FINAL CUT PRO, so kindly suggest me good tutorials
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FINAL CUT PRO transform to FCPX 15 Nov 2017 13:31 #91715

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 184

FINAL CUT PRO transform to FCPX 15 Nov 2017 14:10 #91718

• Axel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
bala.kannan wrote:
Hi all i am from chennai, india, past 8 years i am using FINAL CUT PRO software only, i have own IMAC SLIM model, i am very new to FCPX, so its very confusing to do my project in FCPX, SO anyone help me find out "Learn FCPX", Step by step, i am very strong in FINAL CUT PRO, so kindly suggest me good tutorials

As someone who made the same 'transformation', not a tutorial, but a few tips:

1. you will be delighted how good all the Browser stuff is. No problem if you miss some tricks in the beginning - it almost always works from the start. Everybody instantly falls in love with favorites, smart collections and of course the skimmer.

2. People who never touched another NLE before have NO PROBLEM to understand the magnetic timeline.
BUT
if you used FCP7 in the past 8 years, it would be best if you could *forget* tracks!

One can't, I know. So you have to believe what we state here: the magnetic primary storyline with the connected clips is superior to independent clips on parallel tracks. You came to love the latter - but only because you had no choice.

Never try to work around the magnetism paradigm! Do NOT use the shortcuts d (delete = overwrite) or p (position = temporarily overriding the magnetism if you move a clip). Both are useful tools, but not if you are a fresh 'convert'.

There are many tools to learn in FCP X. Most of them don't work very differently than similar tools in FCP 7. The main thing you have to embrace is the magnetism. Practice that until the penny drops!

FINAL CUT PRO transform to FCPX 16 Nov 2017 09:15 #91739

• cruiser73
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I went from 7 to X too. Ripple training have some great tutorials. Invest the money in their tutorials, totally worth it:)