Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Promise Pegasus3 R6 "NOT" Showing Up AS Device

Promise Pegasus3 R6 "NOT" Showing Up AS Device 02 Dec 2017 04:59 #92046

• RayPaula
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a strange problem....... My Pegasus3 R6 is coming up under Camera's instead of Devices in the FCPX Media Window on my 2016 MacBook Pro. As soon as I open the Media window it automatically starts downloading "everything" from my Pegasus into FCPX. It has always been under Devices with my MacBooks hard drive in FCPX. I have to eject it in order to stop it from downloading all my media...... well over 3TB's. The Pegasus does show up as a Device in my Finder window....... If anyone can help me get this back under Devices instead of Camera's I would sincerely appreciate it? Thanks, Ray
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Promise Pegasus3 R6 "NOT" Showing Up AS Device 02 Dec 2017 05:21 #92047

• Tom Wolsky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 631
This happens when there’s something at the root level of the drive that makes FCP think it’s a camera drag be. It’s usually something like an AVCHD fumble or a folder called DCIM or even a folder called VIDEO that has a camera archive in it. Find it and rename it.

Promise Pegasus3 R6 "NOT" Showing Up AS Device 02 Dec 2017 05:39 #92048

• RayPaula
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Tom Wolsky wrote:
This happens when there’s something at the root level of the drive that makes FCP think it’s a camera drag be. It’s usually something like an AVCHD fumble or a folder called DCIM or even a folder called VIDEO that has a camera archive in it. Find it and rename it.

All I can say is "You're Awesome!!" I opened up my Pegasus from my desktop and looked at my listed folders....... Sure enough there was a "Private" folder from a previous SD card download from my camcorder. I placed it in the proper folder it belonged to and opened up FCPX and sure enough my Pegasus was under Devices. I can't thank you enough..... THANK YOU....... Ray :) :) :)

Promise Pegasus3 R6 "NOT" Showing Up AS Device 02 Dec 2017 15:19 #92053

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 178
Tom is awesome, but still wondering what a "camera drag be" is ??? ;)
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Promise Pegasus3 R6 "NOT" Showing Up AS Device 02 Dec 2017 15:21 #92054

• Tom Wolsky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 631
That's careless typing on an iPhone with predictive text. Should be camera drive.