Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Word by word text transcript of voiceover

Word by word text transcript of voiceover 11 Jan 2018 11:07 #93124

Hey guys,

just to make it short: I'm working on a school project and I recorded a scripted voiceover. To get a better visualization of what I talk about I want every word to appear individually, synchronized to the voiceover. I know I could create a separate title for every word but as you can probably imagine this would be a efficiency-oriented nightmare.

There was a discussion about that term before discussions.apple.com/thread/749091
but sadly the motion thing provided by fox_m doesn't work anymore (when I try to keyframe to the point I set the individual frames it works though but when I finished and play to see the results everything just pops in on the first frame at once...).
I think I got how the, I call it plugin, works and can assure I didn't use it the wrong way or something like that.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me get this to work since I have not that much time left and I need this.

Regards
Daniel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Word by word text transcript of voiceover 12 Jan 2018 04:50 #93158

daniel.walter wrote:
… want every word to appear individually, synchronized to the voiceover. I know I could create a separate title for every word but as you can probably imagine this would be a efficiency-oriented nightmare.…

sorry to say, but a visual nightmare! Nice 'effect' for a line or two, but a longer text?
Just give it a shot for any longer sentence of your project … nobody can read that fast, single words flashing by. Why does Karaoke show whole lines …? ;)

Anyhow, client is king … :blink:
you could give Motions Text-Generator 'File' a try…
Each line its own txt-file, after each word a carriage-return:
the Generator will display each word, fit timing is done by stretching it in your project …

… nah, really: do a 'manual' test (each word its own 'basic title') before! I'm afraid, what you have in mind doesn't match in reality … (not meant as a personal offense!!)

PS: that link leads to 'Media Management for TIFF- JPG- PSD-Files' ???
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 04:51 by Karsten Schlüter.

Word by word text transcript of voiceover 12 Jan 2018 20:27 #93212

• Andreas Kiel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 152
I agree with Karsten.
Another visually better idea could be to create standard subtitles and in a second manual step animate the text box border, like
(This is a simple text)
This |
This is |
This is a |
This is a simple |
This is a simple text|