Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI …

Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI … 12 Jan 2018 09:22 #93165

• Karsten Schlüter
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 619
… Sir Ive not fully done yet, it seems… ;)

cartoon.jpg

monster.jpg

robot.jpg

The Filters offer drop-down presets - and those come in a very different design than the others.

For those who own LogicX: my assumption is, the 'flat' design is the actual one? Whereas the skeuomorphic one is old genuine' Final Cut…?
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 09:25 by Karsten Schlüter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI … 12 Jan 2018 10:35 #93166

• Benzebub
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Logic owner: Yes, the flatter one are the updated design that they have been moving towards for a while in Logic.

Hopefully they will clear this up soon and only have one version of the plugins instead of different ones depending on how they where added to the project.

Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI … 12 Jan 2018 17:52 #93206

• BCH
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Never see this Robot basic UI in logic. The robot plugin UI is the same except a extended parameters area. The UI smart control is different. And in the robot basic UI Delay doesn't work but decimation works and it's a interesting effect. Very strange ! It's a ghost of a abandoned UI or a future UI. ?!?!

www.dropbox.com/s/vn2lun5hx4btnl5/logic%...t%20control.jpg?dl=0

EDIT :Now I understand. In FCPX sound effect is like a compound sound effect. If you apply Allien sound effect, you apply 3 sound effects. See in the inspector.
When you applied robot you apply 1 effect but it is a different sound effect when you change preset. See in the inspector. Average robot is a vocal transformer but basic is a AUdistortion effect (very basic and old logic AU plugin).
Sorry for my bad english. I hope you can understand.
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 18:32 by BCH.

Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI … 12 Jan 2018 18:38 #93207

• Karsten Schlüter
  • NOW ONLINE
BCH wrote:
… It's a ghost of a abandoned UI or a future UI. ?!?!….

at last, someone in the QC has some trouble on next Monday morning briefing … THREE diff. designs for a single interface…

THANKS Bruno for your explanation!
strange: what you call an Old AUplugin has the most 'modern' design (??)
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 18:42 by Karsten Schlüter.

Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI … 12 Jan 2018 19:06 #93209

• BCH
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
strange: what you call an Old AUplugin has the most 'modern' design (??)

AuDistortion is exactly a old Apple Sound plugin. You can see the exact same parameters in 2007 AUDistortion Soundtrack plugin (see screen capture in french) I don't know if it's a very old UI but the plugin is very old.

www.dropbox.com/s/wyppruzqciqyjct/AUdist...undtrack%20.jpg?dl=0

EDIT :
@ Karsten Schlüter
The AUdistortion plugin design isn’t exactly the modern flat design. There are some simple 3D shader on the knob. I think it is the first version of 3D shader than simulate real sound hardware knob. But you’re right this simple 3D shader looks like the most modern flat design. Design is like fashion, it’s a continuous cycle.
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018 22:09 by BCH.

Inconsistency in Audio Effects UI … 13 Jan 2018 04:34 #93224

• Karsten Schlüter
  • NOW ONLINE
BCH wrote:
…The AUdistortion plugin design isn’t exactly the modern flat design. There are some simple 3D shader on the knob. I think it is the first version of 3D shader than simulate real sound hardware knob. But you’re right this simple 3D shader looks like the most modern flat design. …

Thanks again for your further research… theoretically one could dig into the innards of FCPX, the system Lib, wherever and look for the creation dates of those UI elements - which obviously don't use macOS standard elements.

… dare to say: serious case of Dept 1: "Let's go Golden Master!" , Dept 2 "Wot?? We're not done yet!!"

Nice Apple's UI Design Unit allows us a shoulder-view … :P

…I like the blueish, super-flat one … although it has absolutely no connection to any other Apple UI design … sneak peak to macOS 10.15/Cucamonga (… to create a new rumor about OS naming schemes …LOL)