Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adjust Layers & Previews/Thumbnails...

Adjust Layers & Previews/Thumbnails... 14 Jan 2018 02:32 #93263

• DmitriZigany
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey!

I really wish that FCPX had some native adjustment layer function... Quite annoying that the thumnail for projects become the same generic image if you have an adjustment layer on them... or now, I tried to make a compound clip where there was an adjustment layer, but then I just see an image instead of the footage thumbnails...

How are you guys dealing with this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adjust Layers & Previews/Thumbnails... 14 Jan 2018 11:34 #93271

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
FCP and thumbnails ...

Yes, I would like to set custom posterframes as well for projects as for individual clips - like, when you chose to see *ALL* clips in filmstrip - view, you can decide which frame best represents the clip in question visually.

Yes, I sometimes wondered why Apple didn't make their own adjustment layer so that it wouldn't have to be a title (or whatever). Or their own audio fade only (shift cmd t, as it used to be in FCP 7) : to see the fade applied to video too(timeline representation) is not at all elegant. I sometimes think it may be out of respect for the creative minds who found these little "hacks" and to encourage that way of thinking. Is there a better explanation?

As for the project icon, there is more to wish. I'd like to skim it in Browser. I'd like to be able to export FCP movies as opposed to self-contained masters. This means that the project file should be playable with QT player without having to launch FCP and open it in a timeline. I can imagine why this isn't so. AVFoundation is less picky than QT X. Or so.

You asked how I deal with it? Well, I have little choice. I name my projects and search them by name.
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2018 11:35 by Axel.

Adjust Layers & Previews/Thumbnails... 14 Jan 2018 17:39 #93288

• DmitriZigany
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Thanks Alex!

Seems like it might be a general issue...
I don't think Apple haven't done it because of that... maybe because of the "hacks" they haven't deemed it to be a priority to implement?
If they were concerned about such things, they wouldn't have added to new colour corrections that more or less rendered Color Finale and Chromatic obsolete...

Maybe we all just have to head over to the FCPX Feedback page and request it and it will come eventually!

Adjust Layers & Previews/Thumbnails... 14 Jan 2018 18:42 #93291

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 270
Chromatic is not obsolete. I use it still, it has tools FCPX doesn't have, plus tracking of masks. Not to mention its auto white balance gives superior results to FCPX's Color Balance effect, and you can easily compare shots side by side, which FCPX alone still can't do.. A new version of Color Finale is supposed to be showing up soon, that will also have tools FCPX doesn't have. So no, they're far from obsolete.

Feedback page for sure, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2018 18:44 by FCPX.guru.