Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: White balance eyedropper doing nothing

White balance eyedropper doing nothing 13 Apr 2018 09:47 #95127

• lkmarley
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I've been doing some colour correction this morning and I often use the balance colour tool as a starting point, particularly as what I'm currently editing has snow in it so the the 'white balance' eyedropper tool is very handy.

It worked for a while and suddenly has stopped, when I click / click and drag with the eyedropper nothing happens and in the inspector it still says 'no colour sampled'. My mouse icon is definitely the selected eyedropper, I've tried removing and redoing the effect, I've tried closing down and restarting the programme. The 'balance colour - automatic' function still appears to be working, it just won't let me select a colour sample. I'm doing nothing different than what I was doing half an hour prior.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

White balance eyedropper doing nothing 13 Apr 2018 09:51 #95129

• lkmarley
  • Fresh Boarder
Ah okay found out why. the footage is slow motion, and it refuses to use the white balance eyedropper tool while it is slowed down to 25fps. When it is 'normal' speed it does it.

Not sure why this is though? Bit annoying!

White balance eyedropper doing nothing 13 Apr 2018 12:41 #95131

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 264
Works for me with slo-mo clips. Try a slowed down clip in a different Timeline, or a different Library.

White balance eyedropper doing nothing 14 Apr 2018 04:23 #95143

lkmarley wrote:
… footage is slow motion, and it refuses to use the white balance eyedropper tool while it is slowed down…

nope, can not confirm that either … eyedropper working here in slow-moed clips as intended.
Is your clip part of some 'structure', Compound, Secondary, etc?

White balance eyedropper doing nothing 17 Apr 2018 13:16 #95188

• lkmarley
  • Fresh Boarder
No they aren't, they're on the primary storyline and not contained within compound clips. Good idea though!