Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here!

Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here! 09 Jun 2018 22:18 #95916

• kim.rowe
  • Fresh Boarder
I have too many events showing. What do I do with the finished events so they don't show in the fcp window? fcp10.0.8
Thanks, Keep it simple, I am an old fart an just know enough to get by.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here! 11 Jun 2018 07:25 #95925

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 880
Hi Kim, welcome to the forums.

You really should not be using such an antique version of FCP X. We are at 10.4.2 now, and the application has changed a lot since 10.0.8. So my advice would be to update FCP X to the latest version first. Updating is free, so this should not be a problem.

Once you have updated the app, post back and we will show you how to make your FCP X Libraries lean and clean.

- Ronny

Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here! 11 Jun 2018 14:37 #95927

• Andreas Kiel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 155
I don't know exactly the version of FCPX where they switched to the current "library format".
Maybe an 'intermediate' version is needed.

Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here! 11 Jun 2018 15:43 #95928

• kim.rowe
  • Fresh Boarder
working on upgrade. Have to see son about that. I may figure it out with the libraries on my own. I have so many events in there... very confusing... but i am old lol

Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here! 13 Jun 2018 13:28 #95933

• MsJustine
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
The problem with going from 10.0.8 to 10.4.2 is that you will need to upgrade the OS to High Sierra and right now that would not a good idea, HS is buggy, has a few holes here and there, even though the mothership is working on Mojave, it is still publishing beta's for high sierra, one posted lasted night...

Although the benefits of 10.4.2 are huge, worth the effort in the end...

Just a simple question cleaning out the old event and wow! so much info here! 14 Jun 2018 03:06 #95935

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 254
All the Macs at my home, TV station, and friends, none are having any major issues with HS. Can you specify what the multitude of bugs are?

OS betas are released into the initial release of a new OS version, that's normal, not unusual, nothing to read in to that.