Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library?

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 11 Jul 2018 12:29 #96286

• christian.frank1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hello all,
is possible to delete only the "rejected" range of the clip from the library and keep only the favorite ranges?

I´ve already tried, but when I tried to delet only the "rejected" range , the entire clip was deleted.

example ( i want to delet from the lib only the range) - photo
ibb.co/iH6hxT

is possible?
thx
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2018 12:52 by christian.frank1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 11 Jul 2018 15:07 #96287

• MsJustine
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
Hi Christian,

As far as I know, that is not possible, and my number one pet peeve about FCPX, if you reject a clip, or a portion of a clip, you should by now in a 64bit OS do this, sadly not yet...send a feedback to Apple is the best advice for now...

It would be great to ingest, reject ranges, and know that it is free-ing up space on a hard drive, you might be editing on the road, on a Mac laptop, etc...think news journalists...

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 11 Jul 2018 15:28 #96288

• christian.frank1
  • Junior Boarder
thanks MsJustine,
it would be great if possible.. it's strange because when we ingest our footage , we can set in / out.
I think the process of deleting the "leftovers" is the same, just the other way around.

I wasted about 3 days organizing 18hours footage,setting rejected clips , favorite, tagging, etc,..

time to start to edit.

thx anyway

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 11 Jul 2018 16:10 #96290

• Andreas Kiel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 158
maybe worx4 X is a solution

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 11 Jul 2018 19:59 #96293

• Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm just curious what your particular use case is that you want to delete the rejected portion rather than just hide it from sight.

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 11 Jul 2018 23:20 #96294

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 286
To save drive space. FCPX is about the only NLE the doesn't do this. Even legacy did it. I work with large projects, and after awhile, it'd be really nice to trim everything down to only what is necessary.

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 12 Jul 2018 07:17 #96296

• christian.frank1
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, I will try.Andreas Kiel wrote:
maybe worx4 X is a solution

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 12 Jul 2018 07:19 #96297

• christian.frank1
  • Junior Boarder
like as fcpx.guru said, to save drive space.Doug wrote:
I'm just curious what your particular use case is that you want to delete the rejected portion rather than just hide it from sight.

Delete only the rejected range clips from the project library? 12 Jul 2018 07:19 #96298

• christian.frank1
  • Junior Boarder
exactly.FCPX.guru wrote:
To save drive space. FCPX is about the only NLE the doesn't do this. Even legacy did it. I work with large projects, and after awhile, it'd be really nice to trim everything down to only what is necessary.