Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FCPX timeline random scaling bug

FCPX timeline random scaling bug 06 Aug 2018 03:09 #96714

I have been having an issue for the last few years (i am on the current version of FCPX) where the timeline randomly scales while i am working. Its not affecting the edit - just my interface with it - and its quite annoying!

I use a combo of magic mouse and basic keyboard short cuts when i edit. Usually with real time scrubbing on and snapping on. I am fairly precise on the keyboard so i dont THINK i am unintentionally commanding this to happen.

Its been happening for so long , and on so many different machines that this MUST be happening to other people too - does any one have any feedback or have they solved this issue. ? (Love FCP other wise and it works super well for me apart from this one bug.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FCPX timeline random scaling bug 06 Aug 2018 11:36 #96719

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 302
I work on 5 different Macs with FCPX daily at home and at work. I've never had this issue. I would recommend setting your trackpad sensitivity to Firm to avoid mis-read touches.

FCPX timeline random scaling bug 06 Aug 2018 21:30 #96729

• Doug
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I've had this happen a few times as well and always just assumed I had accidentally touched something causing it to resize but it's good to know others have seen this too.