Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition?

Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition? 29 Sep 2018 13:36 #97241

• PondScum
  • Fresh Boarder
Fairly new to FCPX and new to this forum so I hope I am asking this in the right place.

Does anyone know of a FCPX transition that looks like the one at the end of each Sons of Anarchy episode to "fade in" the SOA Reaper logo? I've tried to attach a video clip of what I am talking about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition? 02 Oct 2018 04:39 #97253

Welcome Donnie to fcpx.co :)

… hmm, took a while to answer your question, … from the Unwritten Manual of this board: "Attachments are supported only in jpg and zip and a max file-size of estimated 2MB…" so, your example isn't on display, would be easier to link to something…
Anyhow…

I tinkered an EFFECT in Motion, which maybe comes close to what you're looking for?

a) DL attached zip, unzip and install the plugin… if you're not familiar with a manual install of plugins,, follow Simon's excellent advice given here:
www.fcp.co/forum/7-fcpx-how-to-tutorials...nstall-fcpx-plug-ins
… basically a simple drag'n drop routine…

b) it is NO transition but an EFFECT … me thinks, a keyframe-able effect is more… controllable?

ScreenShotblobbbb.jpg

soo, use the slider 'blurriness', two keyframes, 0/100, done. Allows e.g. a 3sec 'fade in' and holding the final pic for another 5secs....
If you apply it. to a Title from FinalCuts arsenal, be sure to lay a Solid generator as background behind it, otherwise you would notice some weird clouds …

Needs some refinements – but actually this odd thing called real-life keeps me away from my plugin-workbench … :silly:

give feedback, please, if it's of any help.....
Attachments:

Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition? 02 Oct 2018 20:19 #97265

• PondScum
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for all the work. Yes an EFFECT is better for what this is. I played around with your effect but it doesn't really work. One thing is that it removes all color. Also your effect is very different. The SOA effect doesn't have the blurriness. It more of just the black fading off the logo, starting at the center and blotchy around from there. I was hoping there was already something like this out there since Sons of Anarchy is pretty old.

Here is a clip of the SOA version:

Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition? 03 Oct 2018 04:16 #97271

PondScum wrote:
… Also your effect is very different. …

LOL indeed it is, sorry, couldn't find a fullscreen version online.
After watching it frame-by-frame I see the differences … gimme another 48h for another try …

Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition? 03 Oct 2018 21:15 #97277

• PondScum
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for doing this. I don't have Motion or I might give it a try, but I wouldn't know what I was doing.

Sons of Anarchy Reaper transition? 16 Oct 2018 21:41 #97411

• PondScum
  • Fresh Boarder
So, I watched some ink transitions and thought they were similar to what I wanted. I watched videos on how to do Ink transitions and was able to make a custom ink splatter to come somewhat close to how the Sons of Anarchy Reaper reveal looks. Then I applied a gaussian blur to the image that starts heavy then reduces to no blur. Started the image at 97% size and keyframed it to 100% at the end to get the slight Ken Burns kinda moving at you effect. It's not totally like the original, but it works for the parody I am making. If I took more time to customize the ink splatter more, I might be able to get it closer but this will work. I don't have Motion, so I just worked with FCP and some compound clips.

Thank you Karsten Schlüter for trying to help me with this. If you make an effect for this I would love to see it, but, for now, what I did will work for my little personal video.