Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro?

How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro? 02 Oct 2018 08:54 #97255

• Soran
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Forum,

Before investing on a DXA-SLR pro or a similar device, any advice if a multi-fed audio recording with radio mics in Beechtek can be treated in FCPX as separate monos for a multi-cam project?

If not what's best method to acquire separate clean audio? will be using the radio mic with DSLR 7D Mk2 and 60D

Many Thanks,

Soran
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2018 09:28 by Soran.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro? 02 Oct 2018 10:47 #97257

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 302
Yes, any multichannel audio in FCPX can be set to individual mono channels. If the Beechtek actually recording a multichannel file? I think it only has two inputs, so you can only get two channels. Then you're locked in to two channels. I don't think that unit will do more than two channel audio for you. Especially if your camera only records two channels.

How many mics are you recording at one time? If only two, you don't need anything else but the Beechtek. Then in FCPX you'll set the channel configuration from Stereo to Dual Mono.
help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.4.1/#/verc1fab5f6

How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro? 02 Oct 2018 11:53 #97259

• Soran
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you for the quick reply,

I work with 2-3 radio mic and run second DSLR as reference for A/V.

But I hear about Beechtek, despite it's having two separate XLR input, failing to have a clean /separate audio acquisition when in FCPX timeline dual mono mode.

I'm not sure some user report that whether this is due to 7D Mk2 setting or a behavior that Beechtek has.

Even, I watch the demos on you tube and they're not clear on this, i mean, both channel records clean but not to the separate channels as it done in external audio recorder tascam or Zoom HN4?

Surely noting to do with FCPX, separating stereo into a dual mode just straight process.

Though, I have not used Sony EX1 types cameras with dual XLR feed to check whether they record on to separate channel exclusively....
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2018 11:55 by Soran.

How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro? 03 Oct 2018 01:53 #97268

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
From what I can find about that unit, it should be passing left channel to the camera's left channel, and right channel to the camera's right channel. Be sure it is set to stereo and not mono. No reason it shouldn't work correctly to give you two channels for two different mics.

If you use 3 mics, you need to get a recorder that has 3 mic inputs, and can record to three discreet channels. You will NOT get that by recording to a camera (most all have only 2 channels).
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2018 01:55 by FCPX.guru.

How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro? 03 Oct 2018 14:18 #97275

• Soran
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you so much Ben!

BTW, would you recommend Beachtek DXA-SLR Pro or do you've something better?

Your support is much appreciated,

Soran,

How to work with separate audio channels in FCPX using Beechtek DXA-SLR Pro? 03 Oct 2018 20:23 #97276

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
I use a WoodenCamera.com "A-Box" and love it. Compact, minimal, does the job with my Audio-Technical wireless system. I am rigged to to 2 wireless mics (las, hand-held, boom, whatever) to each of two cameras, total of 4 independent channels. Rarely do more than 1 or 2 mics, though.

Depends on what mics you have.