Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can't get Camera Archive to work

Can't get Camera Archive to work 30 Oct 2018 00:01 #97568

• mindbend
  • Senior Boarder
I am trying to establish a workflow where my remote assistant editor can ingest/keyword media and then send me an XML file so I can update the Library on my end. I can't get it to work. This video tries to show the problem I'm having.

Thanks for any help!

www.dropbox.com/s/gi3m7tp6maj8cqh/Archive%20Tests%201.mov?dl=0

Note: My assistant editor has the exact same Camera Archive files as I do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't get Camera Archive to work 30 Oct 2018 08:17 #97572

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
This is how you describe a problem! Well done.

Before seeing your clip, I thought, I bet he didn't know that you can only reimport into an event, not a library. Not that I have an answer to your riddle, but I have just tried selecting the event before exporting the XML, create a new empty library (event has the default name of today), then (with the library selected) go to >file >import >XML. A new event appears with the right name (junk1). It already contained the test clip, although as well the new library and the copy of the archive are on different physical volumes. No need to re-import.

Now I got the same warning as you. I don't *know* what it means, but it contains "tc", which I would interpret as "timecode". Just tried to import a whole clip instead of a selection, but it still shows up. We must be doing something wrong with the XML export since the warning says something like, consider editing your XML.

Can't get Camera Archive to work 31 Oct 2018 03:59 #97585

• mindbend
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for giving it a go! When I have more time in the next week or so I'll fight with it some more based on your experiment to see what I get.

I'm getting no answers on Apple's support forums as well, unfortunately.