Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add?

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 28 Nov 2018 19:28 #97987

• NealF
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a composer, producer, performer and multimedia artist and activist.Not much to say. I'll leave that up to whoever gives a crap after I'm dead.Go to The Real Neal Fox ( http://TheRealNealFox.com ) to find out more than you'd ever want to know.
I've made it a habit to copy all imported files to library. That way everything would stay together.
I trashed the original files and reopened the Library. Much to my surprise, there were several missing files.
Not all, just a small handful.

So my question is this:
Is there a way to find out which files are not in the library and then to import them (again)?
I'm assuming all types of files can be copied. Audio, video, etc.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 28 Nov 2018 20:25 #97988

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Reference Shows the file path of all the files in a library, shows if they are used or unused and if the are available. A great app

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 28 Nov 2018 21:04 #97989

• NealF
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a composer, producer, performer and multimedia artist and activist.Not much to say. I'll leave that up to whoever gives a crap after I'm dead.Go to The Real Neal Fox ( http://TheRealNealFox.com ) to find out more than you'd ever want to know.
Is Reference a command? Can't find it.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 11:19 #98008

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
the app is called reference X. you can get it on the app store

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 13:35 #98009

• NealF
  • Senior Boarder
Cool. Thanks.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 20:02 #98018

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 302
I've had this a lot lately since the latest update. FCPX background tasks show nothing importing for 20 minutes, Mac is totally idle. And yet several audio files didn't copy, when "Copy To Library" was absolutely checked during import.

That's a major freakin' bug for an NLE to have. And no native way to verify it is all in the Library. Even after running the Consolidate command, they were still referencing the external originals, never got copied to the Library.

Fill out the feedback form, this is pretty scary.

As for Reference X, that's a clunky workaround just to verify where files are.
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2018 20:04 by FCPX.guru.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 20:34 #98020

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
tI've not had that problem yet. I'm on 10.4.1 running Hi Seira

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 21:14 #98021

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
Just wondering, if this problem is related to any particular file type?
Could it be something to do with this legacy media thing?

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 22:39 #98023

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
Legacy media phase out has not happened yet. And this has been happening for awhile.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 30 Nov 2018 22:58 #98024

• NealF
  • Senior Boarder
I'm still on El Capitan and FCPX 10.3. I'll have to check if it's only on certain types of files. I'll get back as soon as I can.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 01 Dec 2018 05:33 #98029

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
It doesn't happen to me all the time, but on three different Macs, I've seen it occasionally on all three.

Thought all files were Copied to Library. Some weren't. How to add? 01 Dec 2018 08:53 #98032

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
FCPX.guru wrote:
I've had this a lot lately since the latest update. FCPX background tasks show nothing importing for 20 minutes, Mac is totally idle. And yet several audio files didn't copy, when "Copy To Library" was absolutely checked during import.

Thanks for the warning. Will check in the future with reveal in Finder, and should it happen to me, I will certainly send feedback.