Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Loosing Render Files

Loosing Render Files 04 Dec 2018 09:19 #98056

Hi guys, maybe just a simple question - but I noticed on my last edit, that everytime I open up fcpx my timeline is not rendered. But it was! I already playout the file so it was rendered for sure. Anyone knows why or where I have to take a look?

I´m on 10.4.3 and High Sierra.

thx
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Loosing Render Files 04 Dec 2018 18:29 #98061

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Happens to me too, Mojave 10.14.1, FCP 10.4.4, happened before too. New (or relatively new): rendered parts often play back less smoothly than unrendered. Delete lost renders, re-render only if necessary, feedback to Apple.

Loosing Render Files 04 Dec 2018 20:42 #98065

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
My renders are always disappearing too. But doesn't seem to matter too much not related to new version in my case

Loosing Render Files 04 Dec 2018 22:44 #98066

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Happens to me a lot, has since I can remember. Sometimes even happens as I'm editing. Not really huge deal. Good thing, too, as it's not something they're keen on fixing. That's OK as there are definitely more pressing things they could devote attention to.

Loosing Render Files 04 Dec 2018 23:07 #98068

• PO
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
missing renders not serious but no longer being able to render flow effects is serious. I had to re output a series for tv of short stories in which I used the flow effect a lot in interviews where I didn't weant to cut away. It worked very well in the original output, althout each effect threw the synce out by the length of the effect, but latter outputs refuse to render and loof terrible.
Anyone else?

Loosing Render Files 10 Dec 2018 10:56 #98095

1. thx for your response - how I turn email alert on here?

2. ok, i´m not the only one, but I think its a huge mistake. Never had it before, or at least al most never. But this is a time consumer - everytime I open up a already rendered edit, I have to render it first to playback, make changes and rerender again. So I dont get it. there must be something corrupt with the render files, location of where they are saved or fcpx reading the files out. I think this is a HUGE mistake and should not happen. Render files also take up some space on disk. Maybe I have to delete them all. Rerender it and see what happens. As soon as I have time for this, I´ll try that out.