Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Plugin for Formatting SRTs in FCPX?

Plugin for Formatting SRTs in FCPX? 22 May 2019 20:53 #100004

• Doug
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello all!

I'm looking for a plug in that will allow me to bring in an SRT file, and change the formatting of the text to then burn the SRTs into the video as subtitles.

I'm sure I've seen this before, but I can't think of it. Also, you wonderful people may have better ideas than the plugin I was thinking of.

Side note: the reason for this workflow rather than just creating titles is that the SRTs are being created by someone else in a different program and the editor is going to have them handed to her.

Thanks in advance!

Doug
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Plugin for Formatting SRTs in FCPX? 23 May 2019 01:11 #100005

• Albo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Plugin for Formatting SRTs in FCPX? 23 May 2019 07:52 #100006

• Andreas Kiel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 166
You should have a look at my X-Title Tools
Depending on what "stage" the SRT is you could either use X-Title Importer (XTI) or X-Title Exporter (XTE).
If you want to import an SRT (or other formats) you can use XTI.
In case you already have an SRT caption track inside a project and want to convert it to a formatted open caption track XTE will be the right tool.
The apps come along with some free templates which are designed with subtitle handling in mind.
Download here :
www.spherico.com/filmtools/TitleExchange...ojave/XTI-Mojave.dmg
Download here :
www.spherico.com/filmtools/TitleExchange...ojave/XTE-Mojave.dmg

Plugin for Formatting SRTs in FCPX? 01 Dec 2019 11:25 #102928

• Olga
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Andreas,
Thank you very much for creating this great tool! I tried the new XTE title x-title tool lite edition, but I cannot get it working. I followed the instructions in the video and downloaded XTCC/XTE Mojave. There is no floating window where to drag the project with the CC, so I exported XML from FCPX 10.4.6. When opening in FCPX I get an error message.

Thank you in advance!
Best, Olga

ERROR MESSAGE: The XML document could not be imported
DTD validation failed. (Element video content does not follow the DTD, expecting (param* , note? , (conform-rate? , timeMap?) , (adjust-crop? , adjust-corners? , adjust-conform? , adjust-transform? , adjust-blend? , adjust-stabilization? , adjust-rollingShutter? , adjust-360-transform? , adjust-reorient? , adjust-orientation?) , (audio | video | clip | title | caption | mc-clip | ref-clip | sync-clip | asset-clip | audition | spine)* , (marker | chapter-marker | rating | keyword | analysis-marker)* , (filter-video | fi...)