Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to compress video files without loosing chapter markers?

How to compress video files without loosing chapter markers? 13 Jun 2019 15:57 #100213

• Soran
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Forum,

I've many hi-res archived video project with chapter markers, need to compressed them to 720p .mp4 format with Apple TV template setting for sharing. They all play well with any version of QT and showing chapter markers.
I use of old version of Episode Pro does fantastic job for batch compress, however, I lose chapter markers after the compression.

I'd tried to export each video clip from FCPX / Mojave with the same setting and the result the same: loosing chapter markers.

I don't have Compressor yet to test them.

Any suggestion? Should I need a specific compressing setting to preserve the CMs?

Many thanks for the support,

Soran
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to compress video files without loosing chapter markers? 13 Jun 2019 18:50 #100219

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 341
Why are you using Episode Pro (is that still supported)? Just export from FCPX since it works. You can batch export from FCPX. Select all your Projects in the Browser together, export.
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2019 14:39 by FCPX.guru.

How to compress video files without loosing chapter markers? 14 Jun 2019 08:32 #100225

• Soran
  • Expert Boarder
What encoding preset would you recommend for batch compress if I send the batch to Compressor (but not from FCPX) :
1, The batch contain exported video clips of different resolutions with chapter markers from old FCP 6 projects (some master files ProRes 422 and the rest h264 .mp4 1080)
2. I seemed to have no access to FCP6 any more, archived files are only exported ones
3. Yes, the old Episode Pro (version 5) still works even I export the files from FCPX 10.1.4

FYI, if I try to bring those files to FCPX / Mojave with the intent of batch export, still I do loose chapter markers,

Any solution, any ideas?

How to compress video files without loosing chapter markers? 14 Jun 2019 14:42 #100228

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 341
So you want to transcode these clips, not edit them? Use Compressor.