Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cannot export out of FCPX, stops at 91% for all exports

Cannot export out of FCPX, stops at 91% for all exports 18 Sep 2019 18:49 #101499

Been working on this project for nearly 2 months. 17 different videos. Each of the 17 videos has its own Library/Event settings and locations.

Exporting directly out of FCPX using Sharing. I've exported over 50 videos before having the issues of exporting. Plenty of hard drive space. Loads of memory. All stats are below. The exports all stop at 91%. It doesn't matter which ones I am trying to export now, they all stop at 91%. I then have to cancel them; and also restart FCPX as the progress circle above is frozen at the 91%.

With a few good results I have been able to export 2 additional videos by first deleting ALL the Render Files within the Generated Library Files within the Library, as well as deleting ALL the Render Files within the Generated Event Files. Sometimes afterwards however the timeline will not render. So will need to restart the computer. I am starting to hit a wall here and am really baffled as to how I will troubleshoot moving forward.

I also tried using Compressor but Compressor also did not move forward.

All of this seemed to have started to occur after receiving 3 png files and a jpg to include in one of the timelines.

Sharing Master File
Computer
H264 Better Quality
3840x2160
FCPX 10.4.6
Mojave 10.14.6
64GB Memory
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot export out of FCPX, stops at 91% for all exports 19 Sep 2019 09:38 #101517

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 258
Thanks for the complete info. It happens with multiple libraries which implies there may be a common issue at a lower system layer. What year and model of Mac is this?

First run Apple Diagnostics. An error-free pass is not a "clean bill of health" but it's quick and easy to run. Any problems found are probably serious: support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731

Then run Disk Utility First Aid on all volumes, then also rebuild all Spotlight indexes:
support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/rep...-disk-dskutl1040/mac
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

Then make sure you have the latest Pro Video Formats loaded. Starting with Mojave that is in System Preferences>Software Update.

If this doesn't help any, state your camera codec inc'l resolution, and what codec you are exporting to. Disable background rendering : Final Cut Pro>Preferences>Playback>Background render (deselect).

If not already done, define an external location for cache. This is on a per library basis. Select library in left side bar. In library inspector at upper right, pick Storage Locations>Modify Settings. A popup dialog will ask "Do you want to move your render files?" You answer "don't include". This creates a new cache file location, discards the old ones, plus gives you the subsequent ability to easily delete the cache files by deleting that folder's contents using Finder. That is safe, and useful in situations where we suspect a possible cache problem.

Then manually select all clips in a timeline via CMD+A, then CTRL+R to render them. Examine if the render completes or gets hung. If it hangs note the location. If it completes try to export that as a ProRes file: File>Share>Master File, Format: Video & Audio, Codec: ProRes 422. If that works try another timeline or library using the same method. If it fails, state the specifics. If they all work, try exporting to your preferred output codec.
Last Edit: 19 Sep 2019 09:47 by joema.
The administrator has disabled public write access.