Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FCPX & SMB: Additional export File generated?

FCPX & SMB: Additional export File generated? 19 Sep 2019 14:58 #101522

• hidavid
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

After having worked on NFS shares for some time we've moved back to a Freenas based server on which we use FCPX and export our files.

On Export, an additional file is generated which adds ".sb-eba37a56-XccsE9" to the filename. This changes from file to file but stays weird (see attached picture).

The shares are connected via SMB (3.0). I guess that it is due to this as we used to (sometimes) see these files on our old QNAP which was connected via SMB, but not on the previous NAS which was connected via NFS. Does anyone have an idea on where I should be looking?

Thank you
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FCPX & SMB: Additional export File generated? 21 Sep 2019 11:49 #101544

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 367
That is a temporary file created by an app during a transcode that is usually removed when the transcoding process is completed.
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2019 11:51 by FCPX.guru.

FCPX & SMB: Additional export File generated? 21 Sep 2019 22:26 #101559

• rgpearson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have this same issue using normal mac smb file sharing.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any quick fix. Hopefully it can be resolved in future versions of macOS and/or FCPX!

FCPX & SMB: Additional export File generated? 22 Sep 2019 12:27 #101567

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 258
hidavid wrote:
...After having worked on NFS shares for some time we've moved back to a Freenas based server...The shares are connected via SMB (3.0). I guess that it is due to this as we used to (sometimes) see these files on our old QNAP which was connected via SMB, but not on the previous NAS which was connected via NFS. Does anyone have an idea on where I should be looking?...

I am not an expert at this area but Lumaforge's workflow suggestions are below. It seems plausible these might apply to other NAS brands. It is consistent with your observations which is the problems started when you switched from NFS to SMB protocol:

lumaforge.com/workflow

"On most NAS based storage, FCPX Libraries and media management commands will not work because NAS storage is typically shared through AFP or SMB Protocols, which are not designed to work with the FCPX Library Architecture....the best way to run FCPX in a shared environment is through NFS Protocol."

jellyfish.support/knowledgeBase/7106702

"Libraries and Cache should only be kept on a Jellyfish NFS Share.
Best practices are to keep media outside the library (Note: Media can be on an SMB Share and be referenced by your FCPX Library which must be kept on the NFS share)."