Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do you deal with a ton of events?

How do you deal with a ton of events? 25 Sep 2019 04:10 #101632

• Altitude
  • Fresh Boarder
From my research, there’s no way to organize events. So what do you do when you have tons of events? I'm working for a gaming company called Apknite so I’m talking about a project that is a year-long with many days of shooting.
How do you keep that list manageable?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do you deal with a ton of events? 03 Oct 2019 01:13 #101738

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 377
Rethink your organization strategy. What criteria are you using for the Events?

How do you deal with a ton of events? 03 Oct 2019 11:10 #101747

• joema
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 267
Altitude wrote:
From my research, there’s no way to organize events. So what do you do when you have tons of events? I'm working for a gaming company called Apknite so I’m talking about a project that is a year-long with many days of shooting.
How do you keep that list manageable?

In FCPX, events should be used sparsely and infrequently. You can do a very large project without using *any* events except the single default event.

I worked on a two-year project encompassing 8,500 4k H264 clips, 20TB total material, 130 multi-camera interviews, and used only eight events.

Prior to that I did a project about half that size - roughly 4,000 clips, 10TB total, and used only *one* event.

The core of FCPX data organization is the database, which means rating and keywording material. Most anything you would use a "bin" or "event" for you can do with a keyword collection.

Unlike all other NLEs this can be done on clip *ranges* not just clips. The rated & keyworded material can be queried via powerful tools. Only after organizing it thusly do you add anything to a timeline.

MacBreak Studio #289 - Basic Rating Workflow:
FCPX in Under 5 Min - Warp Speed Organizing:
One Smart Collection to Rule Them All:

Ripple Training has an entire tutorial on this. It is very good: www.rippletraining.com/products/final-cu...-final-cut-pro-10-4/