Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there a way to auto cut/remove video and audio that is blank?

Is there a way to auto cut/remove video and audio that is blank? 07 Oct 2019 18:45 #101871

• natemp21
  • Fresh Boarder
When I create videos I speak for about 10-20 seconds and then pause while I gather my thoughts and then speak again. It is real tedious to cut every little blank spot out. Is there a way to auto do this for me in final cut pro? I may have a 20 minute video that has 10 minutes of blank spots.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is there a way to auto cut/remove video and audio that is blank? 08 Oct 2019 03:21 #101886

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 372
There is an inexpensive app called something like Podcast Cleaner or something. It does this. When I'm back at my edit bay I'll have to look it up. Logic Pro X can do this, also.

Is there a way to auto cut/remove video and audio that is blank? 08 Oct 2019 11:32 #101899

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 263
natemp21 wrote:
When I create videos I speak for about 10-20 seconds and then pause while I gather my thoughts and then speak again. It is real tedious to cut every little blank spot out...

Besides what FCPX.guru said, there is a way to manually expedite this. You can turn on waveforms in the Event Browser, stretch out the filmstrip with CMD + and CMD -, then mark several ranges you want to trim and reject them with the delete key. If using "hide rejected" they will vanish. You can quickly navigate between and adjust the ranges: support.apple.com/kb/PH12533?locale=en_US

This will not affect material already on the timeline, which is another reason to do all possible work in the browser before putting it on the timeline.

However on the timeline you can use the R key and draw a range around each quiet region you want to remove, then press delete. Unlike the browser you can't mark multiple ranges but at least it's better than using the blade tool.

Is there a way to auto cut/remove video and audio that is blank? 11 Oct 2019 00:47 #101988

• natemp21
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much! These methods will help!