Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do animate flying object?

How do animate flying object? 08 Oct 2019 18:03 #101911

  • Neguah
  • Neguah's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 554
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 1
It's been a long time since I've been filming and editing. So busy with everything. Anyhow. We are doing a project in school, and we are going to throw something across the class room. I'm now going to film this object flying to its destination. At first I was thinking a green morphsuit would do the trick, but since I'm moving my camera, it's not going to be that easy. I might film in 4K, and do a zoom, but I don't know it it will be good enough.

So, how can i do it? It doesn't have to be good. It's simply for fun, but with some touch of good work. And, it can't be tedious work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do animate flying object? 09 Oct 2019 01:41 #101921

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Posts: 2780
  • Thank you received: 367
  • Karma: 34
Film the shot as you wish without the object.
Then film the object flying through the air on a green screen.
Or use mO2 and find a free 3D model of the object.

What exactly is this object?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do animate flying object? 09 Oct 2019 14:50 #101951

  • Neguah
  • Neguah's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 554
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 1
It's a blood glass tube, so it's a small and easy object to use. When I get my head around, I guess I don't even need green screen. I can just take a picture of the tube, and edit it on the video. But I'm not sure how to do it. But I guess it fairly easy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do animate flying object? 10 Oct 2019 00:18 #101956

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Posts: 2780
  • Thank you received: 367
  • Karma: 34
Ah, some of that glass you can see all the way through, eh? That's gonna be tough.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do animate flying object? 10 Oct 2019 14:36 #101973

  • arc
  • arc's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 57
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Karma: 1
Neguah wrote:
It's a blood glass tube, so it's a small and easy object to use. When I get my head around, I guess I don't even need green screen. I can just take a picture of the tube, and edit it on the video. But I'm not sure how to do it. But I guess it fairly easy?

You are correct. You can just place the object on bright green construction paper and take a photo. Then you simply chromakey out he background or use the masking pen tool to eliminate the background. On a still image it is easy. After that scale the object to your liking and use motion paths to animate the object flying around. You can even add a little rotation. I don't mind animating objects in FCPX. I think the key-framing works decent (not the best).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do animate flying object? 11 Oct 2019 05:58 #101993

  • Neguah
  • Neguah's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 554
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 1
FCPX.guru wrote:
Ah, some of that glass you can see all the way through, eh? That's gonna be tough.

Yep, but it's filled with blood and with label, so there is not much see through.
arc wrote:
You are correct. You can just place the object on bright green construction paper and take a photo. Then you simply chromakey out he background or use the masking pen tool to eliminate the background. On a still image it is easy. After that scale the object to your liking and use motion paths to animate the object flying around. You can even add a little rotation. I don't mind animating objects in FCPX. I think the key-framing works decent (not the best).

Ah, that sounds easy. Been a long time since I've been using FCPX, so I need to play around. I guess I'll figure it out. Thank you both for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.