Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: YT upload resolution

YT upload resolution 08 Oct 2019 21:36 #101916

I completed my first video in FCPX (32G). I resized to Apple device 1080 and uploaded to YT. It looked like 480 resolution on my iMac 5K screen. I deleted the video and tried to re upload and after all processing got a message "duplicate...".

From my reading I need to alter the video and resubmit. However I am not sure how to proceed.

Do i share to a file @ 4k and submit to YT if they will accept that size? Or should I run it through Handbrake first and get it resized? Or would Vimeo be a better solution?

Potentially I could put it on my web site ( which is max 7 pages) so i think that DL time would be an issue on a shared server. Plus upload time would be huge.

I put so much time into this, first learning FCPX and adding features as I learned. So it is frustrating that I have to alter the video just so YT will not think it is a duplicate. The frustration is the file has been deleted.

Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YT upload resolution 09 Oct 2019 01:37 #101919

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 376
For best resolution, export as Master File, ProRes 422, upload that to YT.

YT upload resolution 09 Oct 2019 04:52 #101930

That did it !! Thanks

YT upload resolution 09 Oct 2019 10:12 #101936

• arc
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Sometimes YouTube will say processing complete but only the 480P version has processed. It can take a while for the 720P and 1080P to fully process. Exporting to H.264 should work just fine for YouTube. Having said that if you deleted your first upload attempt YouTube should have let the second attempt upload.

YT upload resolution 09 Oct 2019 10:20 #101937

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 376
I've been using H.264 successfully with YT lately. But if top quality matters, if it's extra important, I still use ProRes.

YT upload resolution 09 Oct 2019 12:49 #101945

Thanks all.

What ARC suggested is probably what happened. YT said processing was finished and when viewed it only had a very low resolution of the video processed.

I uploaded the video via YT studio beta and either I did not see or it does not show the start of the upload process so I clicked to upload again and that is what the message was probably referring to. The previous file was deleted YT. Studio "saw" the 2nd upload request as a duplicate.

This morning when I tried to upload a new copy of the video a perfectly viewable video was already posted and played at a very acceptable resolution.

Thanks again