Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Editing the DATE/TIME Title Generator with new type face in Motion Weirdness

Editing the DATE/TIME Title Generator with new type face in Motion Weirdness 09 Oct 2019 13:41 #101947

• zzchu
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I don't really know Motion, but thought it'd be straightforward to open a copy of FCPX's Date/Time Generator and change only Typeface -- and then save it as a custom template - generator.

I'm able to change the font and color but when I try the new custom "Date Time" generator that I save, it does this:

The date time goes crazy.

I'm flabbergasted as the only thing I changed was the font.

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Editing the DATE/TIME Title Generator with new type face in Motion Weirdness 09 Oct 2019 15:06 #101952

• Bernard Black
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
You can change its font (and some other options) within FCP without going to Motion. The options are in the Title tab in the inspector.

As for your modified title, It looks like you don't need to change the font to get that behavior. I just tried Open in Motion on it and didn't change anything and it has the same crazy animation as yours.

Editing the DATE/TIME Title Generator with new type face in Motion Weirdness 09 Oct 2019 15:41 #101953

• zzchu
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Yes, changing the font within FCP is available but tedious (date and time, plus changing the color of each) and was hoping to be able to create my own presets.

Maybe the fact the DATE TIME generator retrieves DATE and TIME information from the clip itself causes this weirdness.

Thanks for confirming that.

There is a few options to turn off "animate" "Set current time" and "Continuous" but can't seem to find the correct combination.
Last Edit: 09 Oct 2019 16:51 by zzchu.