Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems exporting to Youtube

Problems exporting to Youtube 10 Oct 2019 17:29 #101977

Hi everyone,

Up until recently FCPX was running ok, I was able to export to Youtube without any problems.

But recently I started to get the export progress indicator hanging up at 50%, it doesn't matter how big the file size,
it always hangs up at 50%.

I have changed my Youtube account, and also installed a fresh copy of FCPX, but the problem persists,

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems exporting to Youtube 11 Oct 2019 08:16 #101995

• Navigator
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I experienced the same problem. Didn't succeed in solving it. Just uploaded the videos from my YT account.

Problems exporting to Youtube 11 Oct 2019 11:37 #101998

• zzchu
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
This behavior started happening only recently. FCPX used to provide a more accurate message of the complete progress. Writing (up to 50%) then sharing-uploading to YouTube.

Even though it seems to "hang" at 50%, it is actually still uploading (in my experience.)

It will be at "50%" while sharing and willl suddenly show upload complete.

But, exporting a file first has an advantage--YouTube recently supported upload resume. As long as the file is same name etc. You can upload the file again in the web browser (it will think a bit and compare) and it will continue the previous upload. Useful if for some reason the upload got aborted. (Or you already spent an hour uploading ..)
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2019 11:42 by zzchu.

Problems exporting to Youtube 12 Oct 2019 03:48 #102014

• Larrie
  • Fresh Boarder
I really appreciate the Upload Resume feature. It has come in handy several times. I just wish I did not have to use it.