Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Final Cut Pro not seeing titles in Movies -> Motion Template -> Titles

Final Cut Pro not seeing titles in Movies -> Motion Template -> Titles 14 Oct 2019 17:36 #102056

• JOB
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm new to this, trying to make some basic lyric videos in Final Cut Pro 10.4.6.

I've downloaded the titles found here:

sellfy.com/p/2U4r/

I've moved them into Movies -> Motion Template -> Titles

And restarted Final Cut Pro.

Any idea why they're not showing up?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Final Cut Pro not seeing titles in Movies -> Motion Template -> Titles 15 Oct 2019 12:51 #102065

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 683
Make sure the .localized suffix is added to Motion Templates and to Titles folders.

Final Cut Pro not seeing titles in Movies -> Motion Template -> Titles 15 Oct 2019 13:12 #102066

• VTCmedia
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Some titles and effects are FCP version dependent. I have 4 different versions here and some auxiliary effects only work in earlier versions if not ported over to, say, the current version. This is the reason I don't update projects. I export XML and open in various versions to keep, for example, Color Finale accessible in one version where it won't be in a different version.

Final Cut Pro not seeing titles in Movies -> Motion Template -> Titles 22 Oct 2019 17:51 #102195

• JOB
  • Fresh Boarder
Tom Wolsky wrote:
Make sure the .localized suffix is added to Motion Templates and to Titles folders.

This did it, thanks! Interesting hoop to jump through that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.