Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fonts default to Helvetica after 10.4.7 update. SOLVED????

Fonts default to Helvetica after 10.4.7 update. SOLVED???? 15 Oct 2019 20:00 #102068

• Jonathan Levin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
After opening a few more Libraries in 10.4.7, I noticed that all the fonts in my titles have defaulted to Helvetica! GAH! Does anyone know if there is some sort of hidden file in the FCP Bundle that would actually have the name of the font I originally used? I could at least manually change them back. My fonts folder has not changed.
Last Edit: 18 Oct 2019 19:58 by Jonathan Levin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fonts default to Helvetica after 10.4.7 update. 15 Oct 2019 20:14 #102069

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 225
Hi Jonathan,
This isn't happening to me on Mojave with 10.4.7. If you are on Catalina, then maybe that's an issue. Have you tried deleting FCPX preferences before running 10.4.7 the first time? If not, try it now and see if that helps. All my titles (again under Mojave) are retained after updating the libraries - I checked several.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Fonts default to Helvetica after 10.4.7 update. 15 Oct 2019 20:32 #102070

• Jonathan Levin
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi dgwvideo,

I have deleted the Prefs and I'm on Mohave latest. What's odd is the change didn't affect fonts that had some effect, i.e. drop shadow, glow, etc. It just changes all the standard fonts in my Library/Projects i.e. Georgis, Ariael, Caslon, etc. All those were "switched" to Helvetica during update. Along with the Transform reset issue, not having a lot of fun.

JL

Fonts default to Helvetica after 10.4.7 update. SOLVED???? 18 Oct 2019 20:05 #102122

• Jonathan Levin
  • Platinum Boarder
I have a Photoshop CC subscription. Somehow I must have signed out my "Adobe Fonts". Once I signed in, and relaunched my FCP Libraries, the fonts now appear correct in the Project. Some of my fonts were from TypeKit. whatever the hell that is.

I have no idea why FCP would need to go through Adobe Fonts in order to get the font. The Font was already installed my computer. Calibre. About as generic as Helvetic!!!! Adobe is doing their best to p++ssing me off....

Very odd.