Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to make a range selection between two markers?

How to make a range selection between two markers? 17 Oct 2019 12:06 #102087

• sei
  • Fresh Boarder
I often need to export a short fragment of a video from my Multicam project, and I use a range selection tool to do this (this way it's also easy to export the exact same fragment from a different camera). However, I would also like to have these fragments marked in my Multicam project, so it would be easy for me to find them if I need to export them again. I thought that marking the beginning and the end of the fragment might be a good idea, but I don't know how to make a range selection between two markers. I could have made it approximately but for my goals, it's very important to have accuracy (not even in seconds but frames).

Is there a way to make a range selection between two markers (with a frame accuracy)? Or is there a better way to somehow mark a fragment of the video directly in the Multicam project?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to make a range selection between two markers? 18 Oct 2019 15:19 #102115

• Doug
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
If you have snapping turned on then when you make your range selection it will snap to the first marker and snap to the end marker ensuring that you 're exporting the exact same range down to the frame every time. You just need to set your markers first then do your range selection and you're good to go!

How to make a range selection between two markers? 22 Oct 2019 16:54 #102193

• sei
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Doug! Thanks for your answer! You saved me a lot of time and nerves:)