Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Haze removal suggestions

Haze removal suggestions 23 Oct 2019 01:33 #102201

I did an aerial 360 aerial rotation video and the entire video is cloudy & has a lot of haze. It seems that no matter what I do I can not remove the haze. I am new to this application.

I captured a current frame and brought it into Photoshop CC. Using camera raw ' texture, clarity and dehaze tools etc the colors and clarity were now very nice. So I know the colors are there. I use those tools in varying degrees on virtually every image I edit. I shot raw and jpg,

Is there a combination or sequence in FCPX, plug in or preset that can accomplish similar results in FCPX?

The entire 360 has the same issue so I do not believe that I need to keyframe anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Haze removal suggestions 23 Oct 2019 09:36 #102208

• ronfya
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't know any tool native to fcpx or any plugin doing that as well as Adobe's dehaze in camera raw. Therefore if it worked for you, I would export all the frames of my videos (or even open it in Photoshop) and use the camera raw filter on it as a batch. Re-export as a video and into fcpx for edit

Haze removal suggestions 23 Oct 2019 11:37 #102212

• joema
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 268
ETdroneHome wrote:
I did an aerial 360 aerial rotation video and the entire video is cloudy & has a lot of haze. It seems that no matter what I do I can not remove the haze. I am new to this application....

The paid version of DaVinci Resolve has a dehaze tool. However you can often dehaze material using standard controls. This video shows doing it in Resolve manually. You can use the same methods in FCPX.

Haze removal suggestions 23 Oct 2019 15:55 #102216

Ronfya and Joema
Many thanks to both of you for the excellent eye opening suggestions. I did not realize that I could make video edits in PS. I am going to try both suggestions. Haze removal in CR PS /LR is so powerful if I can get it to work for this it will be a game changer for me.

I presume that other edits like object removal could also be done in PS.

If you had a virtual 'tip jar' i would be stuffing bills into it.

This forum is so helpful.

Thanks again

Rich