Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there a workaround for using 1080 effects/titles and transitions on 4K footage(on 1080 timeline)

Is there a workaround for using 1080 effects/titles and transitions on 4K footage(on 1080 timeline) 27 Oct 2019 18:52 #102284

• Astrobutch
  • Fresh Boarder
Over the years I have accumulated lots of 1080 transitions/titles and generators etc.

Having recently upgraded to a 4K camera I am putting the 4K footage onto a 1080 timeline and my transitions/generators ands titles misbehave.

Is it possible to repurpose them in FCP? Making compound clips doesn't really do it so should I export each clip first to 1080 pro-res and then rebuild the project and use the 1080 titles/generators and transitions or is there another workaround I can use?

Many thanks

Richard
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is there a workaround for using 1080 effects/titles and transitions on 4K footage(on 1080 timeline) 28 Oct 2019 11:16 #102295

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 376
Most all of the third-party add-ons I have were 4K to start with, what wasn't seem to have upgraded to 4K along the way. Specifically what templates do you have from what developer? Have you asked the developer if there are now 4K versions? Or are these ones you made yourself? In which case you need to open them in Motion, create a new, blank 4K project, copy/paste the content, and readjust for 4K, perhaps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.