Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Save watermark clip w/reflection

Save watermark clip w/reflection 29 Oct 2019 17:43 #102311

I developed a watermark image in fcp. for my videos. It has a reflection so i have two clips that extend across the entire video. It is placed in the corner of the video. I would like to save this as clip or whatever it should be called so It could be used in other videos.

Can I do this?

Would they be saved together or separately?

I do not see anything in FCP help that covers watermarks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Save watermark clip w/reflection 29 Oct 2019 19:12 #102315

Figured it out. Did a share image as a PNG to a convenient file. Now it can be imported to any project media.

Save watermark clip w/reflection 29 Oct 2019 21:00 #102320

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 376
Use Motion, create a Title template. Delete the text layer, put your watermark in. Then it is available for all projects and won't make multiple copies eating up tons of drive space over time, as the PNG will.

Save watermark clip w/reflection 30 Oct 2019 18:55 #102348

• AV-Ultra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If I'm understanding this correctly- here's a couple more options that I didn't see mentioned yet.
Seems like a great use of the compound clip feature.
Put your images in the compound clip and use it on anything.
if at any time you need to tweak the watermark, or change it, just change the contents of the one compound clip and and any project that has that compound clip used will be updated (IF thats what you want to do)

The Motion template is an excellent idea, however I've run into issues when apple has updated Motion and the text engine, it broke several titles that I needed to rebuild and reinstall fo a bunch of machines, and cause a lot of headache.

Another option is using compressor, which still has the watermark feature in the very bottom of the Video tab on the right side. I typically use compressor myself as I use to send copies to different places and needed different sizes etc and compressor made things easier for me.
Attachments: