Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Move / Save portions of clip ?

Move / Save portions of clip ? 01 Nov 2019 03:16 #102376

I would like to be able to save {themed) portions from different clips. For example I shot multiple aerial clips of a forest preserve model aircraft field. It was a sunny day but thick patchy clouds and the drone captured dark clouds rolling over the sunny grassy areas. I would like to capture just that as a special effect. It occurred in multiple clips.

Also in these and other clips are select other subjects that I want to isolate and move "someplace". I would like to use these sub clips subjects as part of a video demonstrating aerial flying and imaging techniques etc.

I can isolate them in the browser but it seems that I can only drag them into the time line. Being new to this program I do not how or if I could put them into a library or event.

I could do this outside of FXPX by duplicating the clip in finder and isolate the special effect in QT and save it to a named special effect folder. Duplicate again and isolate another SE into that folder.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion that could utilize FCP.

Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move / Save portions of clip ? 01 Nov 2019 11:52 #102387

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 376
Select the segment of the clip you want to save.
Use Cmd-K to bring up the Keyword editor.
Assign it a Keyword, such as "cloud shadows" for example.
Then only that Range of the clip will be assigned to that keyword collection.
When you go to that Keyword collection, you'll only see those ranges of those clips, not the whole original clips.

You could do this with Favorites (F) also, renaming the range's default name of Favorite to something specific.
Then make a Smart Collection that filters for that name.

You can move these into their own Event, or their own Library if you wanted, or leave them where they are.
The administrator has disabled public write access.