Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV

Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV 05 Nov 2019 23:59 #102483

• NTSC_TV
  • Junior Boarder
So I've been in talks with DTV (DirecTV) and they sent me some test media. It looks Compressor can't accommodate their spec. What other encoders do you guys use to encode your FCPX projects?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV 06 Nov 2019 00:26 #102485

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Telestream "switch plus"
it has a very awkward interface but it can do Direct TV specs plus a lot more...
test it first a trial is available

www.telestream.net/switch/store.asp

Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV 06 Nov 2019 00:55 #102486

• NTSC_TV
  • Junior Boarder
Francois wrote:
Telestream "switch plus"
it has a very awkward interface but it can do Direct TV specs plus a lot more...
test it first a trial is available

www.telestream.net/switch/store.asp

It looks like it will not encode AC3 audio.

Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV 06 Nov 2019 01:40 #102487

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Telestream has survived by having their main broadcast products cost a fortune ...
we had many of their products software , hardware and server installed and even then they were not easy to deal with...
What you should do is download that demo and check everything ( you might be right about the audio ac limited to 320 , not 384) Episode could doit all but if you want real full transcode from them now = Vantage , they will get you for about $ 9000.oo plus .
they also have a cloud transcode service for a monthly fee.
Maybe some in house transcoding service exist in your area. Direct TV spec are very uncommon these days and seemed quite retro, good luck
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2019 01:50 by Francois.

Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV 06 Nov 2019 03:41 #102492

• NTSC_TV
  • Junior Boarder
Your help has been a delight. It looks like since it's an older spec and unusual, we're going to probably refer our client to use Extreme Reach. We can't meet that spec here and do not want to pay for more expensive software (which per their website doesn't offer what we need) for a one or two-time client.

Thank you for all your information.

Help! - Linear Television Advertising Delivery Requirements - DirecTV 09 Nov 2019 04:05 #102540

• NTSC_TV
  • Junior Boarder
UPDATE:

So I took a lot around and you guys have been correct, my apologies.

Apple, Adobe, Black Magic and the rest do not want to spend the extra money to include a high-end transcoder. They cover most specs but there are tons more as every platform has specific requirements. I have a friend who has access to Harmonic ProMedia Carbon / Rhozet's Carbon Coder software. He's able to meet DirecTV's requirements without an issue. The software costs $5,000 per license.

Again, not having to distribute on other platforms that weren't digital, I never had the need for this. But this has been certainly a learning experience. Thank you all for your help, advice, and guidance.
  • Page: