Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Remove image blur aerial video

Remove image blur aerial video 04 Nov 2019 01:02 #102452

This summer i took some aerial 360 pan video at 24 fps. Now I am editing the footage it shows 23.98 fps even though the drone does not shoot that speed.

I notice blurring which I attribute to panning too quickly and frame rate/shutter speed.

When I pause the video the images are crystal clear. So the focus and cameras are doing their job.

Is there anything that I can do in FCPX to correct this? I tried duplicating the clip position above and offset slightly and made a compound clip but that did not help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remove image blur aerial video 04 Nov 2019 15:12 #102458

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 226
Check to see if your viewer in FCPX is set to "Better Performance" which displays a lower resolution when in motion for playback. If it is, change the setting to "Better Quality". I assume you are not using proxy (1/4 resolution) files, but that can be changed here also.

BetterQuality.jpg
Creating history....one edit at a time !
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2019 15:12 by dgwvideo.

Remove image blur aerial video 04 Nov 2019 15:57 #102460

• JarrodMFay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Agreed. Sounds like the system is dropping the screen resolution to play the 4K back smoothly for you. A simple test is to render a section of your shot as an H.264 MP4 and play it back then. All being well it will play back as sharp as it looks when you pause the playback head in FCPX. Best of luck.