Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multicam Audio: How To PERMANENTLY Favor Shotgun Mic Track On A-Cam and Turn Off Scratch Audio B-Cam

Multicam Audio: How To PERMANENTLY Favor Shotgun Mic Track On A-Cam and Turn Off Scratch Audio B-Cam 06 Nov 2019 23:49 #102507

• Smesh
  • Senior Boarder
Forgive me if this is simple, but I have searched and searched and can't find an answer.

I recently started shooting some multicam interviews for my documentary projects. I'm using a shotgun mic directly to my A-Camera (wide shot) and scratch audio on my b-camera (closeup). I synced everything up into multicam clips and that worked great. I can choose the track I want in the inspector and turn off the other (in the browser it defaults to wide with the shotgun mic), but that has no effect when in the angle viewer. Every time I cut to the b-camera in the angle viewer/timeline, the clips from B-Camera keep going back to the scratch audio. Is there a way to set the Multicam clip to ONLY use the A-Camera audio, regardless of which angle I choose?

It's driving me crazy. I know I can just go back and change it on each clip, but there has to be a simpler way to handle this that I am missing?

THANK YOU to whoever can solve this issue for me. :)
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2019 23:51 by Smesh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multicam Audio: How To PERMANENTLY Favor Shotgun Mic Track On A-Cam and Turn Off Scratch Audio B-Cam 07 Nov 2019 03:53 #102509

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 225
Sounds like you have the scratch audio set as the default audio angle and then you are switching video only. To use a specific audio track, in your case "A=Camera" audio, select your multicam in the timeline and choose that audio, and then ensure you are using video only switching (middle filmstrip icon at upper left on the angle viewer). Each cut you make in the timeline will retain "A Camera" audio regardless of the video angle you cut to.

See this document: support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/cu...ac/10.14#ver63d68555
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Multicam Audio: How To PERMANENTLY Favor Shotgun Mic Track On A-Cam and Turn Off Scratch Audio B-Cam 07 Nov 2019 04:38 #102513

• Smesh
  • Senior Boarder
THANK YOU!

I'm such a dumba$$. If I don't use something for a few months I feel like I have to relearn it. Wow.

Yeah my scratch audio is turned off in the info of the multicam clip, but yes, the blade tool in the angles viewer defaults to audio and video. All I had to do was click on the video only icon to change it to video only. Thanks so much!
Last Edit: 07 Nov 2019 05:05 by Smesh.