Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Logo Reveal

Logo Reveal 25 Nov 2019 18:43 #102810

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
logoreveal.png

I'm looking at doing a logo reveal for a rugby video to reveal the sponsors. I'm wanting to try and do something like the attached but have a Logo reveal from the line in the middle. Does anyone know how easy to would be to create of anywhere to download from?
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2019 18:55 by hawkeye.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logo Reveal 25 Nov 2019 20:26 #102814

• AV-Ultra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It possible to do in Final Cut- but its faster/easier/better for a variety of reasons to build it Motion and then publish it to Final Cut.

Short answer in FCP- You'll need to use titles and masks to reveal the text however but since theres not really good layering and keyframe controls in FCP, its just a bit clunky of a progress.
I have a couple lessons on how to use masks and create mask reveals in Apple Motion on YouTube you can search and find.

Outside of building one, theres a few places that have some simple title reveals for final cut if you search for Final Cut Title templates online.

-S

Logo Reveal 25 Nov 2019 20:31 #102816

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I'm willing to have a go at building one, but just need some guidance. I'm in the process of trying to build something in motion now. Rather than the text showing in image, I'm wanting to use logos (just to add a further complexity to it!). I'll look out your YouTube for some pointers.

Logo Reveal 26 Nov 2019 08:19 #102834

• arc
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
AV-Ultra wrote:
It possible to do in Final Cut- but its faster/easier/better for a variety of reasons to build it Motion and then publish it to Final Cut.

Short answer in FCP- You'll need to use titles and masks to reveal the text however but since theres not really good layering and keyframe controls in FCP, its just a bit clunky of a progress.
I have a couple lessons on how to use masks and create mask reveals in Apple Motion on YouTube you can search and find.

Outside of building one, theres a few places that have some simple title reveals for final cut if you search for Final Cut Title templates online.

-S

I am not 100% sure what the goal is. I seen a still image but I am wondering if multiple layers and the cropping filter or even the wipe transition would work?

Logo Reveal 26 Nov 2019 13:49 #102840

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm wanting it to be part of a video, where the club loan and sponsor are reviewed from either side of the line in the middle outwards. Ive started to put something together in Motion, but I've hit a wall. The still image I how i want it to look once the logos have been revealed

Logo Reveal 26 Nov 2019 16:43 #102843

• arc
  • Expert Boarder
Will it be a logo or more like simple text? Will the text or logo slide on and off the screen? It would be nice to see what you have created thus far.

Logo Reveal 26 Nov 2019 17:18 #102847

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
The way I see it working is the logos appearing from the centre line and showing on screen. Ideally I'd like them to disappear back to the line, but I'm struggling to do that at the moment. I can send you what I've got so far.

Logo Reveal 26 Nov 2019 19:14 #102851

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
I've managed to adapt the text reveal from final cut, however I'm have difficulty getting the drop zones to show the correct size. Any help is appreciated.

Logo Reveal 26 Nov 2019 20:38 #102855

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 225
Out of town at the moment and not at my computer, but maybe this will help. Make your dropzone the full size of the image (i.e 1920 x 1080) and use a mask to trim the area you want it to fill. Then you can resize the image you put in the dz well on screen. Don’t scale the dropzone.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Logo Reveal 27 Nov 2019 06:01 #102866

• arc
  • Expert Boarder
hawkeye wrote:
The way I see it working is the logos appearing from the centre line and showing on screen. Ideally I'd like them to disappear back to the line, but I'm struggling to do that at the moment. I can send you what I've got so far.

Post what you have so far. It sounds like an animated crop filter would work but I could be wrong.

Logo Reveal 27 Nov 2019 06:31 #102867

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
arc wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

Post what you have so far. It sounds like an animated crop filter would work but I could be wrong.

This is what I have so far
logo reveal prototype
Last Edit: 27 Nov 2019 06:36 by hawkeye.

Logo Reveal 27 Nov 2019 07:20 #102868

• arc
  • Expert Boarder
I was expecting a video sample.