• Page:

TOPIC: Your take on Loupedeck CT

Your take on Loupedeck CT 03 Dec 2019 08:35 #102951

• Axel
  • Axel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Does anyone have considered this control surface? Or has it already and can share experiences? It’s € 499 in my area, and that’s not peanuts for me. It looks promising, but maybe it requires new muscle memory to be developed and ends up on Ebay eventually, like so many other equipment failures. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Your take on Loupedeck CT 03 Dec 2019 15:03 #102957

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 647

Axel wrote: … it requires new muscle memory …

if it doesn't have to be a FCPX-specific controller board (= requires a lot of muscle-mem): You can 'abuse' any Midi-Controller as a 'click'n slide' interface, e-g-
www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1283-...a-traktor-kontrol-x1

just as a suggestion, and saving a dime …

Your take on Loupedeck CT 11 Dec 2019 22:36 #103144

• barry.johns
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have one, I’ve had it for about a week. I haven’t had the opportunity to spend that much time with it, but there is a fantastic video out on it that was released last week, it really goes in depth about the unit, which everyone really needs because this is not a plug and play device that you can get by without reading the manual to reach out to potential. It’s not overtly complicated, I just find it a little bit odd and the way it goes about how it works. That being said, so far I’m happy with it. I also have another post out there asking people’s opinions about it, I’m more curious about the ability to import other peoples I have one, I’ve had it for about a week. I haven’t had the opportunity to spend that much time with it, but there is a fantastic video out on it that was released last week, it really goes in depth about the unit, which everyone really needs because this is not the plug and play device that you can get by without reading the manual to reach out to potential. It’s not overly complicated, I just find it a little bit out of the way it goes about how it works.

That being said, so far I’m happy with it. I also have another post as well on the subject asking people opinions about it, I’m more curious about the ability to import other peoples settings. That can make life easier for a lot of us.

Your take on Loupedeck CT 12 Dec 2019 13:33 #103163

• Axel
  • Axel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
The problem is, I would have to look at the surface. I like to look on the screen instead, so the keyboard stays my primary controller, the mouse the other. But apart from that, I love the design ...

Your take on Loupedeck CT 12 Dec 2019 13:45 #103165

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 402
I ended up dumping all my control surfaces when FCPX came out. Magic Trackpad and full-sized keyboard and I'm good to go. Then again this is all subjective personal preference.

• Page: