• Page:

TOPIC: Projects in Events missing!

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 15:33 #103813

• mblazer
  • mblazer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I Have a problem! Yesterday we have been working on a sequence (project) and today when I open the library it isn't there anymore. The Event (EDITS) is still there, but 3 projects are missing. If I open the Library in the finder and select "show contents packacage", then I see the missing sequences. See pictures. The EDIT folder in the finder has 10 sequences (projects) and when I open this same library in FCP it only has 7 projects. The three missing project are in blue. I have also attached the complete library. If someone could help me getting the missing projects back, I would be very great full! All the footage is offline in this example, but that is not the issue here. BTW the OS is 10.14.6 and the FCP 10.4.8

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mblazer.

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 15:42 #103814

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 693
Could you open the columns so we can read the names in the screenshot and compare it to the library. Hard to see what's going on.

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 15:54 #103815

• mblazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I saw that the library wasn't attached in my initial post. Here it is.
Attachments:

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 16:06 #103816

• Tom Wolsky
Thanks. Try opening a recent backup from inside FCP. The CurrentVersion.fcpevent file looks incorrect.

Last edit: by Tom Wolsky.

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 16:07 #103817

• mblazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for your quick reply.

The other problem with this library is that no backups were made.

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 16:52 #103818

• Tom Wolsky
Ouch. Try this. Don't know if this will work, but if the projects are difficult to reproduce it might be worth a shot. First, duplicate the current library and zip it for safety. In the duplicate library's package contents, from the top level, delete the flexolibrary file. In the 01 EDITS folder delete the .fcpevent file. Launch the duplicate library. You'll get an error message and the media that was in the 01 EDIT event will not be recognized, but you should have all the projects. Relink the media in the projects and see if it works.

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 17:08 #103819

• mblazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hmm, it worked for two of the three projects, but the most important project is empty. Thanks for the help! I hope you have an other brilliant idea for the last project.

Projects in Events missing! 09 Jan 2020 17:27 #103820

• Tom Wolsky
I saw 10 projects, and did notice one was empty. Thought it was a new project that didn’t have anything in it. Sorry I can’t think of anything else.

Projects in Events missing! 10 Jan 2020 12:27 #103834

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 279

mblazer wrote: Hmm, it worked for two of the three projects, but the most important project is empty. .

I examined that project "VM_KVW_OPSCHUIM_JAPPIE_DE_JONG" with a SQL database editor. There is nothing in it.

I ran the SQLite integrity checker which returned no errors. This indicates the database CurrentVersion.fcpevent within VM_KVW_OPSCHUIM_JAPPIE_DE_JONG is not structurally damaged.

There is also an undocumented FCPX verify/repair tool if you select the project, press the OPT key then do Clip>Verify and Repair Project. We don't have any info on what that does, so I'd make a file-level backup of the library before trying it.

Are you sure there are no FCPX automatic library backups? Normally these happen by default and are stored in /Movies/Final Cut Backups. Within FCPX you access those by File>Open Library>From Backup, but you can also navigate to that folder in Finder, inspect it and open the library manually. If those exist I'd first suggest making a manual file-level copy of them.

Last edit: by joema.
  • Page: