Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Corrupted metadata (apparently) and how to fix the issue

Corrupted metadata (apparently) and how to fix the issue 14 Jan 2020 10:02 #103896

• Arcuri
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I have a problem with a couple of video files, recorded with a Matrox Monarch LCS capture appliance.
It usually works fine but in an occasion I noticed that it generated a couple of video files (*.mov) that when I tried to import them on FCP, they showed the same "start recording" and "end recording" timestamp. Both marked at the same weird time of 00:00:00:00. As if the recording begun and ended simultaneously. Naturally, their length as video files, is also shown as being of 00:00:00:00, by FCP import files windows.
The files are huge, though. The data IS THERE! I suspect it's a corrupt metadata issue and I'd like to know if there's a way to recover them.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask details if you need them.

Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Corrupted metadata (apparently) and how to fix the issue 15 Jan 2020 16:31 #103930

• JoYT
  • Fresh Boarder
What's the size of the files? If they're not too large, and you're fine sharing them with a stranger, I could try and fix them for you.

Corrupted metadata (apparently) and how to fix the issue 16 Jan 2020 06:58 #103934

• Arcuri
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, but one is slightly larger than 1 GB and the other a tad more than 2.5 GB so not exactly small... ;)